Tiscali UK tech support number please

Old November 25th 06, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Tiscali UK tech support number please

Can someone post me a number for Tiscali tech support in the UK please?

I am sick of dealing with overseas foreign helpers, who cannot speak
English.

Thanks

Old November 25th 06, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 25 Nov 2006, "J Drake" wrote:

0207 0872000 Head office switchboard

Please - the code for London is 020 - and the "local part" of
the number (which can be dialled without the 020 prefix) is
7087 2000 - so I would ask you to show this number as:

020 7087 2000 or (020) 7087 2000

I blame the media - mostly TV and radio - whose presenters know
no better (they probably live out in the country, or make most
calls from a mobile, so have always dialled all the digits,
and therefore cannot see their error when displaying/saying
a number as 0207 xxxxxxx or 0208 xxxxxx ) and then there was
the Evening Standard and others with a hoo-ha about the "new"
code 0203 ... Rubbish, just a different digit... and later
020 4xxx 020 5xxx and 020 6xxx numbers will be used!
Old November 25th 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron

"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
On 25 Nov 2006, "J Drake" wrote:

0207 0872000 Head office switchboard

Please - the code for London is 020 - and the "local part" of
the number (which can be dialled without the 020 prefix) is
7087 2000 - so I would ask you to show this number as:

020 7087 2000 or (020) 7087 2000

You must have the only phone that responds to a number plus the ( and )
signs. Fascinating.
You must be so bored - go and watch X factor or something.

Old November 26th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when NoNeedToKnow
opened his gob and said:

Please - the code for London is 020 - and the "local part" of
the number (which can be dialled without the 020 prefix) is
7087 2000 - so I would ask you to show this number as:

020 7087 2000 or (020) 7087 2000

I have to put my hand up and say this annoys me too. Even Londoners
get it wrong most of the time, the thick gets g.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old November 26th 06, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 26 Nov 2006, Dr Teeth wrote:

Even Londoners get it wrong most of the time, the thick gets g

Hardly surprising when Channel 4, Sky News, and the BBC seem to manage
to get it wrong, time and again. I forgive the Londoners for so doing
when they must be hit by it from all sides, until they presumably take
it for granted that it is correct to show 020x and never think further
about the "local" part of the number starting with 3, 7 or 8 (for now)
Old November 27th 06, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

opened his gob and said:

I forgive the Londoners for so doing
when they must be hit by it from all sides,

I'm a Northerner and I get it right. Not that I'm being smug, of
course vbg.

--
Cheers,

Guy