Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve - Severe email delays?

Old November 25th 06, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve - Severe email delays?

Is it unusual or 'par for the course' with Orange that a simple,
singly-addressed, personal email (from one person to another - not a 'round
robin' and not even conceivably 'spam') could take twice as long to arrive
as a second-class letter?

A simple approx. 5 line email from an 'fsmail' subscriber was sent to me on
Wednesday 22nd November requesting some information needed, if possible,
before Friday 24th November.

The email finally arrived this morning, Saturday 25th November, having taken
twice as long to arrive as a second-class letter. Is Orange Email now worse
than snail-mail (the sender's premises are less than a mile away)?

Looked at message source. Between 14.21 on 22.11.06 and 24.11.06, the email
was transferred between approx. a dozen 'freeserve.com' servers, finally
reaching a 'wanadoo.co.uk' server late on 24.11 and then finally reaching my
(non-Orange) server at about 07.15 on 25.11.06

Has anybody any thoughts about this?

Regards

--
Paul

Old November 25th 06, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
William of Baskerville

"Jethro" wrote in message
. net...
Paul wrote

Has anybody any thoughts about this?

Yes.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That's what you get when you use a cheap ****ty ISP.

You think that's bad, just try Ukonline.

Old November 25th 06, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Jethro" wrote in message
. net
Paul wrote

Has anybody any thoughts about this?

Yes.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What does that mean..? I can't find it in my dictionary.

Ivor

Old November 25th 06, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:37:30 UTC, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Jethro" wrote in message
. net
Paul wrote

Has anybody any thoughts about this?

Yes.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What does that mean..? I can't find it in my dictionary.

It means either that:

a) 'Jethro' is in fact '7'
b) He attends the same primary school
euthanasia recommended. ]
Old November 25th 06, 11:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:37:30 UTC, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Jethro" wrote in message
. net
Paul wrote

Has anybody any thoughts about this?

Yes.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What does that mean..? I can't find it in my dictionary.

It means either that:

a) 'Jethro' is in fact '7'

Hmm, yes could be.

b) He attends the same primary school

Are you sure..? Most primary school children I've come across are
considerably more intelligent.

Ivor