Rx Noise Margin

Old November 25th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Welly

Default Rx Noise Margin

My Netgear DG834 Router is showing a Rx Noise Margin of between 0 & 9dB,
varying wildly, with a Connection Speed of 2656.
Connection times are allover the place, sometimes quick - sometimes
slow.
Checking with PlusNet said my exchange was experiencing heavy
contention; but running RouterStats shows it's happening all night & I
don't believe everyone around here is a night owl!
Any ideas?
Welly.
Old November 25th 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:19:48 -0000, Welly wrote:

Any ideas?

contention doesn't accect SNR margins or sync speeds, the answer is
more likely to be in wiring / filtering improvmeents.

Phil
--
http://www.notspot.info/ - if you can't get the Broadband you want.
Old November 26th 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SteveB

Try this if you suspect a dodgy outside phone line causing your wobbly SNR:-
Lift a phone off its hook and then unplug the phone line from your BT master
box, now plug it back in & out about a dozen times quickly, then leave it
plugged in and replace the phone handset. Let your router reconnect, now
check your SNR. More stable and better SNR now? If so you've got the same
dodgy line problem I've got that a BT ADSL engineer couldn't find! The
effect lasts from a few hours to a week before having to do it all over
again.