Broadband deals UK

Old November 26th 06, 05:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
http://bargainsuk.wordpress.com/

Default Broadband deals UK

At http://bargainsuk.wordpress.com/tag/market/broadband/ you'll find 2
great broadband deals you may want to consider.

Old November 26th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Ridgeway

You'd be much better off going to -
www.broadbandchoices.co.uk

www.uswitch.com

and making a choice that suits your requirements from a wide range of ISPs.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"http://bargainsuk.wordpress.com/" wrote in
message oups.com...

Old November 26th 06, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 09:39:21 -0000, "Bill Ridgeway"
wrote:

You'd be much better off going to -
www.broadbandchoices.co.uk

www.uswitch.com

you would be better off still with a comparison site that is not
driven by advertising revenue or switching commission.

The above are biased sites that do not offer you some of the better
deals, you just get the usual heavy advertiser mass market ISPs, may
of which cannot be recommended.

Phil
--
http://www.notspot.info/ - if you can't get the Broadband you want.
Old November 26th 06, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Ridgeway

Point taken Phil. If you (or whoever) could suggest a site which is not
biased (or just less biased) I would be delighted to know. I would guess
that this can't be done but would like to be proved wrong.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

Old November 26th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:21:59 -0000, "Bill Ridgeway"
wrote:

Point taken Phil. If you (or whoever) could suggest a site which is not
biased (or just less biased) I would be delighted to know. I would guess
that this can't be done but would like to be proved wrong.

I think the time and effort required for a decent comparison site is
such that someone needs to be paid to do it, unfortunately the common
model appears to be payment by stealth with advertisers and commission
payers pushed to the fore.

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_comparison.php makes a fair stab at it,
with no noticeable bias.

Phil
--
http://www.notspot.info/ - if you can't get the Broadband you want.
Old November 27th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi,

Do not forget to check latest offers from
http://www.getbroadband-online.co.uk/ before making your decision.
Hoping this will help...pappa

Old December 5th 06, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 27 Nov 2006, wrote:

Do not forget to check latest offers from
http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ before making your decision.
Hoping this will help...pappa

bargainsuk wrote:
At http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you'll find 2
great broadband deals you may want to consider.

One advertiser responding to another... ironic...

Pappa - you've been pumping out your links around once a month
for ages. Don't you ever give up ? Some of your posts are far
from being "on topic" - just seem you pick a post at random to
add a 'look at my link' comment. I could give you some advice
on how to go forth and procreate, perhaps that would help!
Old December 8th 06, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Weatherlawyer

wrote:

You'd be much better off going to -
www.broadbandchoices.co.uk

www.uswitch.com

you would be better off still with a comparison site that is not
driven by advertising revenue or switching commission.

The above are biased sites that do not offer you some of the better
deals, you just get the usual heavy advertiser mass market ISPs, may
of which cannot be recommended.

That uswitch one didn't even approach the offer of a viable
alternative. I am on AOL silver at 15 quid a month. This is what they
offered:

Pipex Pipex Midi (Migration Offer)
78%
230 reviews
199.90 2Mb 15 GB Cap
0.00 19.99

* Free for the first 2 months
* Local rate customer service number

more Continue
Pipex Pipex Max (Migration Offer)
78%
230 reviews
249.90 2Mb Unlimited 0.00 24.99

* Free for the first 2 months
* Local rate customer service number

more Continue
Pipex Pipex Midi and Home Telephone with Anytime Calls
78%
230 reviews
249.90 2Mb 15 GB Cap
0.00 22.49

* Free calls to UK Landlines at anytime
* Local rate customer service number

more Continue
Nildram.net DSL Surf
Insufficient data
(38 reviews)
275.88 2Mb 50 GB Cap
0.00 22.99

* Charge of 0.99 for each GB used after the maximum restriction
* Includes anti spam & virus protection

more Continue
ADSL4Less Unlimited 1Mb Broadband (1 Month Contract)
Insufficient data
(0 reviews)
299.88 1Mb Unlimited 0.00 24.99

* Short term (1 month) contract
* ADSL4Less requires first payment by debit or credit card

more Continue
ADSL4Less Unlimited 1Mb Broadband (12 Month Contract)
Insufficient data
(0 reviews)
299.88 1Mb Unlimited 0.00 24.99

* Includes anti spam & virus protection
* ADSL4Less requires first payment by debit or credit card

more Continue
Pipex Pipex Max and Home Telephone with Anytime Calls
78%
230 reviews
299.90 2Mb Unlimited 0.00 27.49

* Free calls to UK Landlines at anytime
* Local rate customer service number

more Continue
Nildram.net Broadband2
Insufficient data
(38 reviews)
311.88 2Mb 50 GB Cap
0.00 25.99

The cheapest one was 5 quid more expensive and effing Pipex at that. Of
all the crap!

Serves me right for asking for Linux I suppose.