Trading Standards/ASA v Telewest/blueyonder

Old November 26th 06, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Gonz

Default Trading Standards/ASA v Telewest/blueyonder

They are receivin complaints, that blueyonder are selling a restricted
broadband service, whilst advertisin it as unrestricted, and comparin
the said 'unrestricted' service, to other ISP's, which don't actually
have such restrictions, such as those bein used by Telewest/blueyonder.

Customers are not bein informed that they are affected by the current
throttlin, both excistin, and new sign up customers.

People are takin out a 12 month contract with the ISP, when the current
throttlin bein done, is to be introduced all across their network.

The statement they made to 'The Register'

"As part of our continued efforts to improve our customers' broadband
experience we are introducing measures to more efficiently and
pro-actively manage network traffic. These measures are currently being
trialled in the Preston region, which includes Preston, Wigan and
Blackpool."

They can tell 'The Register' but not their own customers that pay them
money.

Old November 26th 06, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Roy

In article , "Gonz" T o p
@ S e c r e t . c o m says...

receivin
advertisin
comparin
bein
bein
throttlin
excistin
takin
throttlin

the "g" is missin from your keyboard!
Old November 26th 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Graham

Very strange.

receivin
advertisin
comparin
bein
throttlin

And yet

selling
sign
introducing
manage
being (one instance)
region
Wigan

I know, I should get out more.
--

Graham.

Old November 26th 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Gonz

"Roy" wrote in message
er.co.uk...
In article , "Gonz" T o
@ S e c r e t . c o m says...

receivin
advertisin
comparin
bein
bein
throttlin
excistin
takin
throttlin

the "g" is missin from your keyboard!

Aye...

Old November 26th 06, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Graham"
opened his gob and said:

I know, I should get out more.

I should. I was concerned about the missing apostrophe there the 'g'
should have been!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old November 26th 06, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
NoNeedToKnow

On 26 Nov 2006, Roy wrote:

T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m says...

receivin
advertisin
comparin
bein
throttlin
excistin
takin
throttlin

the "g" is missin from your keyboard!

I thought, in the past, in some post (in u.t.b) that the claim was
that this was how he spoke, so also how he wrote. BICBW.
Old November 26th 06, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Bruce

opened his gob and said:

I know, I should get out more.

I should. I was concerned about the missing apostrophe there the 'g'
should have been!

He sold them all to the local greengrocer's.

To the greengrocers or the greengrocer's what?
Here's (yet) another g - g
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old November 26th 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Gonz

"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
On 26 Nov 2006, Roy wrote:

T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m says...

receivin
advertisin
comparin
bein
throttlin
excistin
takin
throttlin

the "g" is missin from your keyboard!

I thought, in the past, in some post (in u.t.b) that the claim was
that this was how he spoke, so also how he wrote.

I hate it when people talk about me, as if I'm not here.
It's annoyin.

Old November 26th 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Ivor Jones

"Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message

[snip]

I hate it when people talk about me, as if I'm not here.
It's annoyin.

But you're *not* here..! I just looked everywhere for you but couldn't
find you anywhere..!

It's like at the end of the BBC 6 o'clock news when they hand off to the
regions and say "over to the BBC news teams where you are" - I've looked
high and low but I can't find a BBC news team anywhere..!

Ivor