A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

[lol post] - Think I may have found my 2/3 per month unlimited calls package...



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 26th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 245
Default [lol post] - Think I may have found my 2/3 per month unlimited calls package...


Hi,

This is a bit of a joke post but still...

A little digging, and a little more time in the evolution of the Finarea /
Betamax services (particularly their VoIP outings), and more importantly the
evolution of their customers and customer base...

.... reveals that phone top-ups (how long for I wonder... still)... from
France are at the rather bargaineous rates of ... (hold your breath ... **
Drum Roll **)...

Phone Call Charged @ ? 0.56 // You Receive: ? 0.38 // And a joyous 120
free days!!

The UK phone top-up used to be / started off at 1.50 for something like 1
credit and 120 free days ... they shortly thereafter refined that down to
same monetary amounts but only 14 free days.

At the above rates not only is it substantially less than a third of the
original UK pricing and offering but still gives 120 free days.

Even with the rolling 300 minutes / 7 days... a number of parallel accounts
approximating 2/3 a month would yield:

~ 6 accounts affording 1800 minutes per 7 days = 250 minutes a day which is
probably near enough unlimited for me... (plus these calculations exclude
the fact of 120 days rather than a month of credit and unlimited calling
utility... which with averaging up or rounding down would mean perhaps as
much as a 1/2/3/4/5[?]0% lift in these figures)...

Calculated across a four month base line (120 days)... total accounts (at
2.50 per month)... over the entire time period = 26; or 8000 minutes / 7
days; which = 19 hours a day (unlimited enough for me); plus after a
complete four month cycle you have ? 15 to spend which at the prevailing
?0.01 no longer free rate provides another 1500 minutes... hmmm...

Hmm... that sounds right / good... / ...

A certain amount of account management required but still... lol

[you know what comes here / mind clunking and whirring - lol]


Best wishes,



News Reader


P.s. Oh yes, I remember (one of) the other thing(s) I meant to add - you
also get for your money (lol)... free calling to (all) countless (their
free) worldwide and European destinations as well as [just] the UK ...
hmm.. . nice ...



  #2  
Old November 26th 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 165
Default - Think I may have found my 2/3 per month unlimited calls package...


News Reader wrote:
Hi,

This is a bit of a joke post but still...

A little digging, and a little more time in the evolution of the Finarea /
Betamax services (particularly their VoIP outings), and more importantly the
evolution of their customers and customer base...

... reveals that phone top-ups (how long for I wonder... still)... from
France are at the rather bargaineous rates of ... (hold your breath ... **
Drum Roll **)...

Phone Call Charged @ ? 0.56 // You Receive: ? 0.38 // And a joyous 120
free days!!

The UK phone top-up used to be / started off at 1.50 for something like 1
credit and 120 free days ... they shortly thereafter refined that down to
same monetary amounts but only 14 free days.


Could you explain this a little more?

I hadn't looked at topping-up the account until a few days ago, as I
hadn't really used it, but now a voipcheap.com account says

Please select an amount::
You pay Credit you receive You will receive
* 1.50 * 1.19 90 Freedays!

Do you mean that if you enter a French number as the source of the
top-up, you get a French premium rate number to call for the amounts
above? Or does this only apply to some accounts?

The best recent credit method for these accounts has been p-sms from
easyMobile promotional credit. I wish I'd caught on earlier ...

  #3  
Old November 27th 06, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 245
Default - Think I may have found my 2/3 per month unlimited calls package...


"andy" wrote in message
ups.com...

News Reader wrote:
Hi,

This is a bit of a joke post but still...

A little digging, and a little more time in the evolution of the Finarea /
Betamax services (particularly their VoIP outings), and more importantly

the
evolution of their customers and customer base...

... reveals that phone top-ups (how long for I wonder... still)... from
France are at the rather bargaineous rates of ... (hold your breath ... **
Drum Roll **)...

Phone Call Charged @ ? 0.56 // You Receive: ? 0.38 // And a joyous 120
free days!!

The UK phone top-up used to be / started off at 1.50 for something like

1
credit and 120 free days ... they shortly thereafter refined that down to
same monetary amounts but only 14 free days.


Could you explain this a little more?

I hadn't looked at topping-up the account until a few days ago, as I
hadn't really used it, but now a voipcheap.com account says

Please select an amount::
You pay Credit you receive You will receive
* 1.50 * 1.19 90 Freedays!

Do you mean that if you enter a French number as the source of the
top-up, you get a French premium rate number to call for the amounts
above? Or does this only apply to some accounts?

The best recent credit method for these accounts has been p-sms from
easyMobile promotional credit. I wish I'd caught on earlier ...

--


Sure...

I think you have got it exactly right. When providing the "invoice address"
prior to being able to make a payment into an account, if you choose France
as the country, it will give you a French premium rate number to use (I
understand this only works from France Telecom lines) with the 0.56 euro
rates with 120 free days (on those Betamax operations that provide 120
days).

I am quite surprised and amazed that voipcheap.com are offering 90 days on
the UK premium rate! Wow... quite good even! I am pleased you found and
mentioned that.

I "kind of like" the top-up by mobile thing but it does seem like a bit of a
chronic rip-off to me... probably not so or to bad if you have excess
(mobile) credit you need to use up... but charging you ~ 5 for a
significantly lower amount of credit and then telling you you will only get
60 free days when the going number of free days for a top-up of 5 Euros is
120 seems a little rich....

Hope that is helpful or useful and bye for now.


Best wishes,



News Reader



  #4  
Old November 27th 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 165
Default - Think I may have found my 2/3 per month unlimited calls package...


News Reader wrote:
Sure...

I think you have got it exactly right. When providing the "invoice address"
prior to being able to make a payment into an account, if you choose France
as the country, it will give you a French premium rate number to use (I
understand this only works from France Telecom lines) with the 0.56 euro
rates with 120 free days (on those Betamax operations that provide 120
days).

I am quite surprised and amazed that voipcheap.com are offering 90 days on
the UK premium rate! Wow... quite good even! I am pleased you found and
mentioned that.

I "kind of like" the top-up by mobile thing but it does seem like a bit of a
chronic rip-off to me... probably not so or to bad if you have excess
(mobile) credit you need to use up... but charging you ~ 5 for a
significantly lower amount of credit and then telling you you will only get
60 free days when the going number of free days for a top-up of 5 Euros is
120 seems a little rich....

It looks like it is the invoice address as you mention - I tried
entering a couple of foreign numbers in that voipcheap account but
still was given the UK number.

Still, I'm probably going to France for a month next year, so a
NetAppel account at that address could be interesting, and I wonder
what sms top-up costs there.

I'm slightly cautious about the times shown, as you hint. In Voipbuster
the phone number gives you 14 days as you say, but Voipcheap.com has
90. The p-sms credit has only given 60 freedays on Voipbuster, where
the website shows 120 days ...

I might not have bothered with VB but it seems to be the only one so
far that has a callthrough number and a Java callback client that can
be installed in some mobiles ........ now I'm also wondering how long
the free trial calls last that can be triggered off the various
webpages, as it looks like some of the panels are only about 4k and
should work over wap/grps ...

  #5  
Old November 28th 06, 08:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 38
Default - Think I may have found my 2/3 per month unlimited calls package...

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:59:38 -0000, andy wrote:


News Reader wrote:
Sure...


** SNIP **


I'm slightly cautious about the times shown, as you hint. In Voipbuster
the phone number gives you 14 days as you say, but Voipcheap.com has
90. The p-sms credit has only given 60 freedays on Voipbuster, where
the website shows 120 days ...


Generally, I am pretty cautious with anything Betamax since a similar
issue with mobile top-ups being shown as providing 120 days only to after
payment and accepting such terms / contract discover in fact they only
give 60 days (whilst the website as before and at the time) continues to
show 120 days - with the addition of seeming complete incontactability of
the provider, operator, Betamax, anyone!

I might not have bothered with VB but it seems to be the only one so
far that has a callthrough number and a Java callback client that can
be installed in some mobiles ........ now I'm also wondering how long
the free trial calls last that can be triggered off the various
webpages, as it looks like some of the panels are only about 4k and
should work over wap/grps ...


Hmm... VB does seem to have started acting as a lead version... I don't
know abou any callthrough number ... can you advise more (sounds
interesting - I will go and have a look shortly - sounds on the face of it
like a normal PSTN access number that provides a second dial-tone /
dialthrough facility against a given VoIPBuster account). I can guess on
the Java callback client for isntallation on some mobiles - is that the
same as the "panels" you talk of?


Best wishes,



News Reader

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
  #6  
Old November 28th 06, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 165
Default - Think I may have found my 2/3 per month unlimited calls package...


News Reader wrote:
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:59:38 -0000, andy wrote:


News Reader wrote:
Sure...


** SNIP **


I'm slightly cautious about the times shown, as you hint. In Voipbuster
the phone number gives you 14 days as you say, but Voipcheap.com has
90. The p-sms credit has only given 60 freedays on Voipbuster, where
the website shows 120 days ...


Generally, I am pretty cautious with anything Betamax since a similar
issue with mobile top-ups being shown as providing 120 days only to after
payment and accepting such terms / contract discover in fact they only
give 60 days (whilst the website as before and at the time) continues to
show 120 days - with the addition of seeming complete incontactability of
the provider, operator, Betamax, anyone!


well yes, but ....... although it says 120 days on the front of VB, it
does also mention except where otherwise shown; on the sms top-up page
it says 60 days, but many people would hardly notice ...

I might not have bothered with VB but it seems to be the only one so
far that has a callthrough number and a Java callback client that can
be installed in some mobiles ........ now I'm also wondering how long
the free trial calls last that can be triggered off the various
webpages, as it looks like some of the panels are only about 4k and
should work over wap/grps ...


Hmm... VB does seem to have started acting as a lead version... I don't
know abou any callthrough number ... can you advise more (sounds
interesting - I will go and have a look shortly - sounds on the face of it
like a normal PSTN access number that provides a second dial-tone /
dialthrough facility against a given VoIPBuster account). I can guess on
the Java callback client for isntallation on some mobiles - is that the
same as the "panels" you talk of?

If you have a Voipbuster account, take a browse in their forum ...

As you guess, the callthrough is very similar to other Finarea ones
like 18185, even the access number 02081802727 (18185 is ...2828). You
need to enter caller ID of phones you want to use in the account user
profile.

Until now I'd rung a couple of times and dialled but not connected.
Wondering if there is a 5c connect fee or not, I just called the home
landline (no 0044 but it worked)

2006-11-28 13:57:03 +00441......... 00:00:03 0.01

The Java client relies on a recent version which isn't in my phones.
" - you need JAVA (CLDC 1.1 / MIDP 2.0) most newer phones support this
"
https://www.voipbuster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7269
http://developers.sun.com/techtopics.../device/device

When talking about panel, I meant the free trial area of the various
index pages

  #7  
Old November 28th 06, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 165
Default - Think I may have found my 2/3 per month unlimited calls package...


andy wrote:

If you have a Voipbuster account, take a browse in their forum ...

As you guess, the callthrough is very similar to other Finarea ones
like 18185, even the access number 02081802727 (18185 is ...2828). You
need to enter caller ID of phones you want to use in the account user
profile.

I forgot to say: apparently there are access numbers abroad as well

  #8  
Old November 28th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 245
Default - Think I may have found my 2/3 per month unlimited calls package...




"andy" wrote in message
oups.com...

andy wrote:

If you have a Voipbuster account, take a browse in their forum ...

As you guess, the callthrough is very similar to other Finarea ones
like 18185, even the access number 02081802727 (18185 is ...2828). You
need to enter caller ID of phones you want to use in the account user
profile.

I forgot to say: apparently there are access numbers abroad as well


Hi,


Great thanks.

The 120 day reference term with respect to the mobile top up was indeed as
shown on the specific and final page for the SMS top-up. I was acutely aware
and wary of checking every letter shown on every page... and indeed... they
summarily ripped me off... still .. win some lose some and probably win more
on balance with Finarea / Betamax.


Best wishes,



News Reader


P.s. Still a little disconcerting... but their you go.



 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ADSL Provider, Bobby look up Zen.co.uk, they have unlimited D/Land only 1 month contract, I have been with them for 2 years without anyproblems. Gazza uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 February 4th 06 02:14 AM
Voiptalk unlimited calls package - best value? Adrian Mann uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 2 November 13th 05 03:53 PM
Unlimited Broadband + Phone Package Landrover uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 8 August 17th 05 11:15 AM
Broadband & Calls Package Steve uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 9 July 15th 04 09:53 AM
Make 5000-10,000 per month through the post E-Publisher uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) 0 April 10th 04 02:41 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.