Best Cheap ATA (and / or ATA comparison come listing website - with price[s]!)

Old November 26th 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Default Best Cheap ATA (and / or ATA comparison come listing website - with price[s]!)

Hi,

Can anyone advise what might be the best cheap ATA. The following is a
preference list in (loose) order of preference (nothing more than the first
two preferences is necessary - the others would are bonuses):

- support multiple accounts (support multiple SIP provider accounts)
- good, secure, reliable, configurable (modern / user-friendly with
advanced functionality) user interface, system and platform
- support PSTN connection ( / dial-through to the plugged in PSTN)
- support more than 1 phone connection (e.g. two separate VoIP lines)
- support more than 1 PSTN connection

- with or without ADSL modem and / or router or ADSL router

Think that is most of the main things...

I would be just as (possibly more interested) in units that are combined
ADSL modem routers and ATAs / with [SIP] VoIP ports. If they are not "as
good" / up to the job (unreasonable compromise on features, economically
disadvantageous, etc.) then a standalone ATA would be better.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old November 26th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

News Reader presented the following explanation :
[...]

I know you're from the other side of the pond........could you /try/ to
use words instead of all the extra punctuation? It's like reading
algebra!

First two points would be covered by an SPA1001, if you consider 2
accounts to be multiple.

SPA3101 or Fritz!Box for the third.

Fritz!Box for fourth with third catered for too.

Old November 26th 06, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Ok Jono.

Many thanks. I will review the candidates. Could you remind me of the main
retailer sites for this hardware (probably here in the UK)?

I do apologise for the excess punctuation... I think it is probably, in part
at least, laziness come shorthand and possibly a combination of that with
indecision!

Thanks once again and best wishes,

News Reader

Old November 26th 06, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

News Reader explained on 26/11/2006 :

Ok Jono.

Many thanks. I will review the candidates. Could you remind me of the main
retailer sites for this hardware (probably here in the UK)?

Sipgate sell the Fritz!Box range.

Broadbandstuff.co.uk
http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=740&osCsid=9ca28b88f8 9bda67d8f2f3f366f520ff
sell a very reasonably priced SPA1001

They also sell Fritz!Boxen
http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keyword=fritz&osCsid=9c a28b88f89bda67d8f2f3f366f520ff

I do apologise for the excess punctuation... I think it is probably, in part
at least, laziness come shorthand and possibly a combination of that with
indecision!

And I thought it was an Americanism....as in w/ & w/o for with &
without. ;-)

Thanks once again and best wishes,

For technical papers of Sipura ATAs, have a look at
http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html. Provu have a good product range
too, however, not the cheapest around.

Old November 26th 06, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:26:51 -0000, "News Reader"
wrote:

"Jono" wrote in message
[...]

www.broadbandstuff.co.uk
www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk

Their prices are good generally, in fact not far off US prices now for
some Linksys/Sipura products.

You can also Froogle for other vendors but I doubt if you'll beat them
in the UK.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 27th 06, 02:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Combined ADSL/router/VoIP boxes are the best option,
they include QoS, port forwarding and good voice quality.
Of course you are buying lot more then just ATA, so the cost is higher.
Apart from the already mentioned FritzBox! have look at Draytek 2700V ,
2800V
and Zyxel2602HW/L.
Regards,
Martin

Old November 27th 06, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

wrote:

"Jono" wrote in message
[...]

Great. Thanks very much.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old November 27th 06, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Martin²" wrote in message
Combined ADSL/router/VoIP boxes are the best option,
they include QoS, port forwarding and good voice quality.
Of course you are buying lot more then just ATA, so the cost is higher.
Apart from the already mentioned FritzBox! have look at Draytek 2700V ,
2800V
and Zyxel2602HW/L.
Regards,
Martin

Hi,

Thanks - I will do.

Best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. Quite or somewhat amazingly, VoipBuster of all people and places seem
to presently have a quite amazing section on hardware.... well worth a look
I would suggest.. http://www.voipbuster.com/en/hardware.html Bye for now.

Old November 27th 06, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Jono wrote:
For technical papers of Sipura ATAs, have a look at
http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html. Provu have a good product range
too, however, not the cheapest around.

Because ProVu are supplying lots of other people, and so have to keep
their retail prices quite high.

Tim
Old November 27th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Tim" wrote in message
Jono wrote:
For technical papers of Sipura ATAs, have a look at
http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html. Provu have a good product range
too, however, not the cheapest around.

Because ProVu are supplying lots of other people, and so have to keep
their retail prices quite high.

Tim

Hmm. Tim from Provu?