wireless USB adaptor for network drive

Old November 26th 06, 07:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
TC

Default wireless USB adaptor for network drive

Hi

I have a wired/ wifi home office network.

I want provide access to a stand alone hard drive (Maxtor drive in enclosure
with USB connectivity) via a wireless link.

Basically I'm looking for some for wireless USB port, which I can plug the
drive into - like a print server if you like, but that will allow me to add
a drive rather than a printer.

Does such a thing exist ? if not what is the state of play with remote
wireless drives generally - last time I read up about them they seemed
pretty flaky

Thanks

--
Tobit

Old November 26th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , TC says...
Hi

I have a wired/ wifi home office network.

I want provide access to a stand alone hard drive (Maxtor drive in enclosure
with USB connectivity) via a wireless link.

Basically I'm looking for some for wireless USB port, which I can plug the
drive into - like a print server if you like, but that will allow me to add
a drive rather than a printer.

Does such a thing exist ? if not what is the state of play with remote
wireless drives generally - last time I read up about them they seemed
pretty flaky

Something like this?

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=24196

You need 54G.

--
Conor

Religion, ****ing people over for millennia.
Old November 26th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
TC

Yup - that sort of thing, but without all the bells and whistles - i.e. just
the USB connectivity and therefore 100. But its got me thinking so thanks
!

Tobit

Old November 27th 06, 08:12 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
TC

I was thinking about something like this
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=298507 , but
that would support a hard drive
(Don't suppose this would work with a drive world it ?)

--
Tobit