PAP2 problem

Old November 26th 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The s-Bray

Default PAP2 problem

Today, I powered down my PAP2 so that I could move the unit. Unfortulately,
when it was powered back on, it refuses to connect to my router (Belkin). No
matter what I do, I can't get it to see the network. The power led flickers
red for a split second the turns blue. Any advice?

Old November 26th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

The s-Bray formulated the question :
Today, I powered down my PAP2 so that I could move the unit. Unfortulately,
when it was powered back on, it refuses to connect to my router (Belkin). No
matter what I do, I can't get it to see the network. The power led flickers
red for a split second the turns blue. Any advice?

Does dialling **** on the connected phone, followed by 110# yield the
unit's IP address? Is it as expected?

Old November 27th 06, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh The s-Bray:
Today, I powered down my PAP2 so that I could move the unit.
Unfortulately, when it was powered back on, it refuses to connect to
my router (Belkin). No matter what I do, I can't get it to see the
network. The power led flickers red for a split second the turns
blue. Any advice?

I had the same when the Ethernet cable from the PAP2 to the router
wasn't quite sitting fully home, when I moved mine.

--
Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old November 27th 06, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The s-Bray

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh The s-Bray:
Today, I powered down my PAP2 so that I could move the unit.
Unfortulately, when it was powered back on, it refuses to connect to
my router (Belkin). No matter what I do, I can't get it to see the
network. The power led flickers red for a split second the turns
blue. Any advice?

I had the same when the Ethernet cable from the PAP2 to the router wasn't
quite sitting fully home, when I moved mine.

--
Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Tried several different cables, but no link. Looking at some of the forums
suggest that it's turned into a door stop.

Old November 28th 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

The s-Bray wrote:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh The s-Bray:
Today, I powered down my PAP2 so that I could move the unit.
Unfortulately, when it was powered back on, it refuses to connect to
my router (Belkin). No matter what I do, I can't get it to see the
network. The power led flickers red for a split second the turns
blue. Any advice?

I had the same when the Ethernet cable from the PAP2 to the router wasn't
quite sitting fully home, when I moved mine.

--
Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Tried several different cables, but no link. Looking at some of the forums
suggest that it's turned into a door stop.

Did you try connecting a phone to it and dialling ****?

If that works, then dial 73738# followed by 1# when told to. That will
factory reset the unit (73738 spells out "reset").

Now give it a try. Also it the DHCP server on your router working OK?
Can you plug other devices in and get an IP address assigned to them?

cheers,
Paul.
Old November 28th 06, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Paul wrote:
Did you try connecting a phone to it and dialling ****?

If that works, then dial 73738# followed by 1# when told to. That will
factory reset the unit (73738 spells out "reset").

Now give it a try. Also it the DHCP server on your router working OK?
Can you plug other devices in and get an IP address assigned to them?

Dont do this if your PAP2 is one of those hacked units. If you do it
will lock itself again.
Old November 29th 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Woo

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:05:21 GMT, "The s-Bray"
wrote:

Tried several different cables, but no link. Looking at some of the forums
suggest that it's turned into a door stop.

I have just had exactly the same problem with one of my PAP2's. I
bought it from Comet some months ago and unlocked it from Vonage. I
bought two at the time and this one always seemed a little bit more
sluggish to log on than the other.

Finally, it exhibits the same effect as yours. I even tried reflashing
it with a slightly later version of the firmware but it still won't
talk to the router or connect. Plugging in a phone and dialling ****
followed by the appropriate code gives the correct IP and all the
other parameters are fine.

I guess it is a hardware failure as my other PAP2 with the same
firmware is working fine.

Misery loves company!

Mr W.

Old December 1st 06, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The s-Bray

idual.de...
wrote:

Tried several different cables, but no link. Looking at some of the forums
suggest that it's turned into a door stop.

I have just had exactly the same problem with one of my PAP2's. I
bought it from Comet some months ago and unlocked it from Vonage. I
bought two at the time and this one always seemed a little bit more
sluggish to log on than the other.

Finally, it exhibits the same effect as yours. I even tried reflashing
it with a slightly later version of the firmware but it still won't
talk to the router or connect. Plugging in a phone and dialling ****
followed by the appropriate code gives the correct IP and all the
other parameters are fine.

I guess it is a hardware failure as my other PAP2 with the same
firmware is working fine.

Misery loves company!

Mr W.

Found out what was wrong with my PAP2. It seems as though there were 2 dry
solder joints on the board. After resoldering the connections, I now have a
working PAP2.

Thanks guys for your advice

Old December 2nd 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Woo

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:52:04 GMT, "The s-Bray"
wrote:

Found out what was wrong with my PAP2. It seems as though there were 2 dry
solder joints on the board. After resoldering the connections, I now have a
working PAP2.

Thanks for the info on this. I'll dig mine out again and get my
soldering iron to business.

Ta!!

W.