ADSL test login equivalent for LLU?

Old November 27th 06, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wright

Default ADSL test login equivalent for LLU?

I'm waiting for a LLU product (UK Online) to be removed from my line, that
the previous occupant annoyingly left behind, but in the meantime I've
hooked up my router and it seems to sync with the exchange fine, and stays
sync'd, but I wondered if there was any equivalent of the
[email protected]_domain login/password that works on UK Online products?
Certainly the aforementioned one doesn't connect, nor does
[email protected]_domain - but then it isn't a BT "line" is it, so I
shouldn't expect them to work should I??

Just curious, and wanting to check everything is likely to work when I can
finally apply for some sensible broadband..

D.

Old November 27th 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

In message , David Wright
writes
I'm waiting for a LLU product (UK Online) to be removed from my line, that
the previous occupant annoyingly left behind, but in the meantime I've
hooked up my router and it seems to sync with the exchange fine, and stays
sync'd, but I wondered if there was any equivalent of the
[email protected]_domain login/password that works on UK Online products?
Certainly the aforementioned one doesn't connect, nor does
[email protected]_domain - but then it isn't a BT "line" is it, so I
shouldn't expect them to work should I??

Just curious, and wanting to check everything is likely to work when I can
finally apply for some sensible broadband..

What do you find so objectionable about UkOnline's LLU ?

--
dave @ stejonda
Old November 27th 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
message ...
In message , David Wright
writes
I'm waiting for a LLU product (UK Online) to be removed from my line, that
the previous occupant annoyingly left behind, but in the meantime I've
hooked up my router and it seems to sync with the exchange fine, and stays
sync'd, but I wondered if there was any equivalent of the
[email protected]_domain login/password that works on UK Online products?
Certainly the aforementioned one doesn't connect, nor does
[email protected]_domain - but then it isn't a BT "line" is it, so I
shouldn't expect them to work should I??

Just curious, and wanting to check everything is likely to work when I can
finally apply for some sensible broadband..

What do you find so objectionable about UkOnline's LLU ?
dave @ stejonda

BT ADSL Max = "Sensible broadband"?!

That's what I was thinking, it's like someone complaining they can't get
their mini in their garage cos someones abandoned a rolls royce in it

I wish a LLU like UkOnline LLU'd my local exchange

Steve Terry

Old November 28th 06, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wright

BT ADSL Max = "Sensible broadband"?!

Did I say I was going for a Max product...?

That's what I was thinking, it's like someone complaining they can't get
their mini in their garage cos someones abandoned a rolls royce in it

I wish a LLU like UkOnline LLU'd my local exchange

Minimum contract period, poor customer service, too expensive, "fair use
policy"..

Anyway, neither of you answered my question

D.

Old November 28th 06, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"David Wright" wrote in message

Minimum contract period, poor customer service, too expensive, "fair use
policy"..

There are no ISPs without a "fair use policy" some just call it something
else.

Old November 28th 06, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wright

There are no ISPs without a "fair use policy" some just call it something
else.

Whilst I disagree, and I am sure others will point out ISP's who are
genuinely unlimited..

A "fair use" policy is, to me, anything but fair - mainly because the actual
cap is a closely guarded secret that you only find out about when you breach
it.

OTOH, an ISP who explicitly tells you what the cap is in advance, is far
fairer.

D.

Old November 28th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

In message , David Wright
writes
Minimum contract period,

long-passed here

poor customer service,

NIME - the only time I've contacted them was to reduce my dl speed when
son&heir left for uni - they answered the phone within a couple of
rings, effected the change within a couple of minutes and, because I was
asking part way through a month, refunded the difference for the whole
of the month.

too expensive,

Sky's would be cheaper but I can't take the 2/3 week downtime during
the switch at the moment

"fair use policy"..

while s&h was here we downloaded quitealot(tm) but never got hassled by
UkOnline

Anyway, neither of you answered my question

No - hth

--
dave @ stejonda
Old November 28th 06, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:04:08 -0000, "David Wright"
wrote:

Just curious, and wanting to check everything is likely to work when I can
finally apply for some sensible broadband..

I'm not aware of any alternative generic test logins, a UKOnline forum
may know better.

You'll know when you can order from the number checkers not saying "if
you want to change supplier" or ther such things.

Phil
--
http://www.notspot.info/ - if you can't get the Broadband you want.