Linking my PDA to my laptop

Old November 28th 06, 09:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Hugo Nebula

Default Linking my PDA to my laptop

I have a wireless router/modem (a Netgear DG834G if it matters). I
have an iPaq PDA w/ wireless networking (running MS PocketPC V4 -
2003). I also have a laptop (XP). It's a firm's PDA and I sync it
with another PC in work (the laptop's my own).

Now, I can connect the PDA to the router wirelessly. I can connect
the laptop to the router (via cable & wirelessly). Is there any way I
can connect the PDA & laptop together wirelessly, either
machine-machine or via the router?
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"
Old November 29th 06, 09:30 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 28 Nov
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk Hugo Nebula [email protected]
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Now, I can connect the PDA to the router wirelessly. I can connect
the laptop to the router (via cable & wirelessly). Is there any way I
can connect the PDA & laptop together wirelessly, either
machine-machine or via the router?

For what purpose?

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
Old November 29th 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Hugo Nebula

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:30:15 +0000, a particular chimpanzee named
deKay randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 28 Nov
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk Hugo Nebula [email protected]
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Is there any way I
can connect the PDA & laptop together wirelessly, either
machine-machine or via the router?

For what purpose?

To transfer files. Bluetooth is so slow.
Old November 29th 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Wed, 29 Nov
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk Hugo Nebula [email protected]
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Is there any way I
can connect the PDA & laptop together wirelessly, either
machine-machine or via the router?

For what purpose?

To transfer files. Bluetooth is so slow.

Try Bizzdev Netuse then.

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
Old December 2nd 06, 12:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:05:21 +0000, Hugo Nebula [email protected]
wrote:

I have a wireless router/modem (a Netgear DG834G if it matters). I
have an iPaq PDA w/ wireless networking (running MS PocketPC V4 -
2003). I also have a laptop (XP). It's a firm's PDA and I sync it
with another PC in work (the laptop's my own).

Now, I can connect the PDA to the router wirelessly. I can connect
the laptop to the router (via cable & wirelessly). Is there any way I
can connect the PDA & laptop together wirelessly, either
machine-machine or via the router?

Yes, with both machines connected to your network and on the PDA go to
Start, File Explorer.

Then go to OPEN and an input box should open. Just enter
\\laptopmachinename with laptopmachinename being the name assigned to
your laptop.

This will then open an explorer type window where you can copy files
from your laptop.

To view the PDA from your laptop ActiveSync needs to be used, I find
this program a Pain in the backside and more luck than skill to get it
going but ActiveSync needs to be running on both PDA and laptop.

I think it is there by default on XP but it is an MS program anyway.

Geoff Lane