Choosing ISP - UKFSN and usenet, and Xifos

Old November 28th 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
if

Default Choosing ISP - UKFSN and usenet, and Xifos

I am considering switching my ADSL to UKFSN (which I believe is an Entanet
reseller), since they include Usenet which none of the other resellers I
looked at mentioned. But can anyone tell me whether this is text only or
includes binaries? Their site doesn't say.

Other than webspace and usenet, are all Entanet resellers basically the
same for speed and absence of throttling? I see some are selling 30GB/300GB
accounts for 25/month, others for 20/month.

Another ISP with usenet is Xifos, in this case it is clear they include
binaries, but at 25/month for 20GB ADSL limit it's not the cheapest - what
are they like as an ISP? For the extra 5 I could buy an external newsfeed
so I wonder if it's worth it.

Any other recommendations for fairly cheap ADSL ISPs? I only use about
15GB/month bandwidth but I do want an account with no throttling of
torrents or usenet, and preferably some free webspace and text/binary
usenet thrown in.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level
then beat you with experience.
Old November 28th 06, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:53:24 -0600, if
wrote:

I am considering switching my ADSL to UKFSN (which I believe is an Entanet
reseller), since they include Usenet which none of the other resellers I
looked at mentioned. But can anyone tell me whether this is text only or
includes binaries? Their site doesn't say.

In case Jason (from UKFSN) doesn't happen to wander by this way I'll
post in his stead.

UKFSN's NNTP address points to Entanet's usenet server which doesn't
carry binary groups.

If you want binaries I'd recommend Giganews as Entanet peers with
their European servers directly in Amsterdam (NL-IX peering
exchange).

Jake
--
Address munged but valid - remove mungbeans.