[ADSL Guide] NetServices confirms cease of Biscit CSP / V21 lines

Old November 29th 06, 07:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J Drake

Default [ADSL Guide] NetServices confirms cease of Biscit CSP / V21 lines

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2897

Netservices have announced this week that as of Friday 24th November, they
placed a bulk cease order with BT Wholesale for the lines of Biscit CSP /
V21 customers who had not transferred their service to EzeeDSL. Netservices
have requested BT carry this out as quickly as possible but it may take up
to ten working days for these to go through.

Either way, by 11th December, customers should be free to sign up with
another provider. In the mean time, NetServices has offered to continue
providing free broadband connectivity to the users involved at its own
expense.

Old November 29th 06, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 29 Nov 2006, "J Drake" wrote:

Either way, by 11th December, customers should be free to sign up with
another provider.

Sounds like some good news for those who are about to have the cease done
(as they will save on the cancellation fees which are in the T+C now...
V21 had a 30 pound fee for someone when they were migrating away).

In the mean time, NetServices has offered to continue providing free
broadband connectivity to the users involved at its own expense.

I suppose one should be grateful, at least to be able to consider which
other ISPs to use afterwards. I recall Ace Internet saying they would
not charge the activation fee, and had only a 3 month minimum term...

Old November 30th 06, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Wilson

"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
On 29 Nov 2006, "J Drake" wrote:

Either way, by 11th December, customers should be free to sign up with
another provider.

Sounds like some good news for those who are about to have the cease done
(as they will save on the cancellation fees which are in the T+C now...
V21 had a 30 pound fee for someone when they were migrating away).

In the mean time, NetServices has offered to continue providing free
broadband connectivity to the users involved at its own expense.

I suppose one should be grateful, at least to be able to consider which
other ISPs to use afterwards. I recall Ace Internet saying they would
not charge the activation fee, and had only a 3 month minimum term...

I was a Fast24 customer, my disconnect was sheduled for monday...my internet
was still working when i went to bed monday night
Woke up tuesday, no net, phoned http://www.ukfsn.org/ and signed up(and was
told it would take a week) ....back online thursday!!!! 2 days without
access for a cease and reprovide....amazing!

Alex

Old December 2nd 06, 02:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

J Drake wrote:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2897

I have now been ceased; sometime between 8pm and midnight Friday 1st.
So the next question is how long it will take for Biscit to notice and
reconnect me.

Yes, changing to another ISP might well have been a good idea, but I
already had an outstanding upgrade order with Biscit, so I thought that
reconnection might therefore be faster with them, as well as fearing I
could end up being charged by two companies, as happened last time I
was at the customer end of a "novation".

Chris