Connecting to Orange with Binatone 2100 Router

Old November 29th 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Daniels

Default Connecting to Orange with Binatone 2100 Router

Anyone know if this is possible? I'm considering trying out their 'free'
broadband offer but don't really want to start fiddling with their USB modem
whilst my router is accessing Plusnet quite happily.

Graham

Old November 29th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 29 Nov 2006, "Graham Daniels" wrote:

Anyone know if this is possible? I'm considering trying out their 'free'
broadband offer but don't really want to start fiddling with their USB modem
whilst my router is accessing Plusnet quite happily.

Unless you are an ISP, a phone line is normally tied to only *one* ISP at a
time, so if you are actively using Plusnet you won't get access to another
ISP at the same time... Or have you two phone lines, or have I completely
misunderstood your comment/query ?
Old November 30th 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Daniels

NoNeed, Jon,

Thanks for your replies. I do intend to transfer to Orange but not use
Plusnet at the same time. Glad to hear that I can fiddle about with my
router and possibly access Orange.

Graham

"Jon" wrote in message
et...
declared for all the world to hear...
Anyone know if this is possible? I'm considering trying out their 'free'
broadband offer but don't really want to start fiddling with their USB
modem
whilst my router is accessing Plusnet quite happily.

You are free to use your own equipment (it's not hard) but you will not
get any tech support for it.

--
Regards
Jon