LLC or VC multiplexing on ADSL MAX?

Old November 30th 06, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul C

Default LLC or VC multiplexing on ADSL MAX?

Hi
Which multiplexing should I set up for my router/modem, VC or LLC?. I seem
to recall ADSL Max from BT was LLC but cannot find any info anymore. (or am
i getting confused with Interleaving?)
Thanks
Paul

Old November 30th 06, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Paul C" wrote in message

Hi
Which multiplexing should I set up for my router/modem,
VC or LLC?. I seem to recall ADSL Max from BT was LLC but
cannot find any info anymore. (or am i getting confused
with Interleaving?) Thanks
Paul

AFAIK all ADSL in the UK is VC but of course I could be wrong. Try both
and see which works.

Ivor

Old November 30th 06, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Paul C wrote:
Which multiplexing should I set up for my router/modem, VC or LLC?. I seem
to recall ADSL Max from BT was LLC but cannot find any info anymore. (or am
i getting confused with Interleaving?)

BT Wholesale IPStream service supports both PPPoA-VC and PPPoA-LLC as
well as PPPoE-LLC and will detect and match your CPEs settings.
Old December 1st 06, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Furniss

Paul C wrote:
Hi
Which multiplexing should I set up for my router/modem, VC or LLC?. I seem
to recall ADSL Max from BT was LLC but cannot find any info anymore. (or am
i getting confused with Interleaving?)
Thanks
Paul

Both may work, but VC is best as it uses less overheads.

Andy.

Old December 1st 06, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Paul C" wrote in message

Hi
Which multiplexing should I set up for my router/modem,
VC or LLC?. I seem to recall ADSL Max from BT was LLC but
cannot find any info anymore. (or am i getting confused
with Interleaving?) Thanks
Paul

AFAIK all ADSL in the UK is VC but of course I could be wrong. Try both
and see which works.

Ivor

AOL PPOE LLC, all the other PPOA VC.

Gaz