Updating BT database about your telephone line and any ADSL products?

Old November 30th 06, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wright

Default Updating BT database about your telephone line and any ADSL products?

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for ISP's to update their
databases, so I can apply for a broadband product? I've had an LLU product
removed from the line yesterday, but all the usual suspects (and most of the
broadband checkers) are still reporting it as being on (I've checked with
the BT Tag team, it's definitely off), so I can't sign up.

I'm assuming they don't all use a live link to a BT database, or do they!?

BT said I could get my ISP to do a manual order using a "CRF form" as the
order would go through fine, but that's a bit tricky when you can only apply
online...

D.

Old November 30th 06, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

"David Wright" wrote in message
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for ISP's to update their
databases, so I can apply for a broadband product? I've had an LLU product
removed from the line yesterday, but all the usual suspects (and most of
the broadband checkers) are still reporting it as being on (I've checked
with the BT Tag team, it's definitely off), so I can't sign up.

I'm assuming they don't all use a live link to a BT database, or do they!?

BT said I could get my ISP to do a manual order using a "CRF form" as the
order would go through fine, but that's a bit tricky when you can only
apply online...

I've known it happen in about a week ...

--
Graham

Old November 30th 06, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"David Wright" wrote in
:

BT said I could get my ISP to do a manual order using a "CRF form" as
the order would go through fine, but that's a bit tricky when you can
only apply online...

You can get round this with some ISPs by opening a free account and raising
a support query asking for a manual order to be submitted for a conversion
to ADSL..though have you actually tried asking the ISP over the phone as
they'd be pretty foolish to not give you an option..

--
Colin
Old November 30th 06, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wright

You can get round this with some ISPs by opening a free account and
raising
a support query asking for a manual order to be submitted for a conversion
to ADSL..though have you actually tried asking the ISP over the phone as
they'd be pretty foolish to not give you an option..

It was a choice between two ISP's - one of them has seemingly updated their
systems during today and no longer told me that there was an incompatible
product on the line, so they have got my business. The checker at the other
one is still telling me that it's a no-can-do, so I no-can-didn't

D.