wifi at gatwick airport??

Old November 30th 06, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default wifi at gatwick airport??

I have found a list of wifi available at Gatwick south terminal but I see no
pricing options.

Does anyone know if there are any free wifi spots in Gatwick south please?

Old November 30th 06, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Beck [email protected] wrote:
: I have found a list of wifi available at Gatwick south terminal but I see no
: pricing options.

: Does anyone know if there are any free wifi spots in Gatwick south please?

*MOST* unlikely! Airports give a choice of "The Cloud", T-Mobile, BTOpenZone
etc. and why would anyone use these if a free HotSpot was available?
Old November 30th 06, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In article ,
[email protected] says...
I have found a list of wifi available at Gatwick south terminal but I see no
pricing options.

Does anyone know if there are any free wifi spots in Gatwick south please?

I don't believe there is, not even in the business lounges. I flew back
from a business trip to Miami a while back, and the business lounge
there had completely free high speed access. Another example of rip off
Britain?
Old November 30th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote in message
Beck [email protected] wrote:
: I have found a list of wifi available at Gatwick south terminal but I
see no
: pricing options.

: Does anyone know if there are any free wifi spots in Gatwick south
please?

*MOST* unlikely! Airports give a choice of "The Cloud", T-Mobile,
BTOpenZone
etc. and why would anyone use these if a free HotSpot was available?

I don't know what they have by way of pricing which is why I was asking.

Old November 30th 06, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Tx2" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
[email protected] says...
I have found a list of wifi available at Gatwick south terminal but I see
no
pricing options.

Does anyone know if there are any free wifi spots in Gatwick south
please?

I don't believe there is, not even in the business lounges. I flew back
from a business trip to Miami a while back, and the business lounge
there had completely free high speed access. Another example of rip off
Britain?

As usual, those that have more money get things for free?

Old November 30th 06, 11:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon

[email protected] declared for all the world to hear...
As usual, those that have more money get things for free?

Business class usually costs a hell of a lot more than your usual
standard / economy class. Free wifi would be expected the business
lounge at any major airport.
--
Regards
Jon
Old November 30th 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Jon" wrote in message
et...
[email protected] declared for all the world to hear...
As usual, those that have more money get things for free?

Business class usually costs a hell of a lot more than your usual
standard / economy class. Free wifi would be expected the business
lounge at any major airport.

Well with the price difference I doubt it is free anyway, just bundled into
the cost.

Old November 30th 06, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon

[email protected] declared for all the world to hear...

"Jon" wrote in message
et...
[email protected] declared for all the world to hear...
As usual, those that have more money get things for free?

Business class usually costs a hell of a lot more than your usual
standard / economy class. Free wifi would be expected the business
lounge at any major airport.

Well with the price difference I doubt it is free anyway, just bundled into
the cost.

Indeed.
--
Regards
Jon
Old November 30th 06, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew W Young

Tx2 wrote:
In article ,
[email protected] says...
I have found a list of wifi available at Gatwick south terminal but I see no
pricing options.

Does anyone know if there are any free wifi spots in Gatwick south please?

I don't believe there is, not even in the business lounges. I flew back
from a business trip to Miami a while back, and the business lounge
there had completely free high speed access. Another example of rip off
Britain?

I might be mistaken but I think Boston Logan has free WiFi throughout
the airport, or at least in the British Airways terminal where I was.

--
Andrew W. Young
http://www.andrew-young.com/
Old December 1st 06, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In article ,
[email protected] says...

As usual, those that have more money get things for free?

So the reason you had to pay for it in the Gatwick lounges being?