Orange LiveBox woes

Old December 1st 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Orange LiveBox woes

I've finally got this bugger working properly ... almost.

We are now enjoying free calls to overseas landlines via a handset
connected to the Orange Livebox Router/Modem. I think that in the last
few days Mrs Deryck has made free calls that previously would have cost
us over 100 quid

This livebox is supposed to allow incoming calls too, there is an 0845
number attached somehow and voicemail too, apparently. Unfortunately
anyone dialing the 0845 number just gets the 'dead tone'.

Orange have suggested (via email) that I try things like resetting the
modem or attaching a new handset. Both of these I've tried and it makes
no difference. I cannot see why it would make a difference. If the
livebox was missing, damaged, whatever, shouldn't the calls just divert
to voicemail (to access voicemail you dial 120 so I'm fairly sure that
the livebox isn't doubling up as an answermachine too).

Can any knowledgable person suggest where the problem lies (ie, in the
livebox or somewhere in Orange's infrastructure) and, even better,
suggest a fix?

TIA

Deryck

PS
Apologies for posting via googlegroups, Individual.NET doesnt seem to
carry this NG