What did PlusNet do last night?

Old December 2nd 06, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan Wood

Default What did PlusNet do last night?

Dear PlusNet,

STOP! LEAVE IT! It's finally working!

Any other PlusNet people noticed anything?

Last few weeks I was down to around 600 kbps, with very high ping times
and a fair bit of packet loss. Even 'slow' streaming media was
unwatchable, websites were slow to load and I was starting to look
around, having been with PN for about 6 years.

They must have scanned my thoughts as this morning I'm getting solid
stable downloads at around 3 Meg, on a huge range of protocols

I wonder what changed? I'd not raised any tickets about anything...

Yes, I'm a rare breed but at the moment I'm a happy PN customer!
Old December 2nd 06, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

"Dan Wood" wrote in message
Dear PlusNet,

STOP! LEAVE IT! It's finally working!

Any other PlusNet people noticed anything?

Last few weeks I was down to around 600 kbps, with very high ping times
and a fair bit of packet loss. Even 'slow' streaming media was
unwatchable, websites were slow to load and I was starting to look around,
having been with PN for about 6 years.

They must have scanned my thoughts as this morning I'm getting solid
stable downloads at around 3 Meg, on a huge range of protocols

I wonder what changed? I'd not raised any tickets about anything...

Yes, I'm a rare breed but at the moment I'm a happy PN customer!

I've had the same experience as Dan. It had become so annoying I was
considering migrating.

I have noticed that speeds were faster at about 8 am and slowed to a crawl
in the evening - maybe contention - but that's not acceptable and still
cause for concern.

Old December 2nd 06, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stan The Man

In article , Dave
Boomhauer wrote:

"Dan Wood" wrote in message
[...]

I suspect that for every winner there's a loser. Wouldn't put it past
PN to vary the throttling regime from one customer group to another so
that a different group reports improvement every other week or so. If
no-one pipes up to complain that they have suddenly inherited your old
strangulated connection then I may have to think again.

Simon
Old December 2nd 06, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"Dan Wood" wrote in message
: Dear PlusNet,
:
: STOP! LEAVE IT! It's finally working!
:
: Any other PlusNet people noticed anything?
:
: Last few weeks I was down to around 600 kbps, with very high ping times
: and a fair bit of packet loss. Even 'slow' streaming media was
: unwatchable, websites were slow to load and I was starting to look
: around, having been with PN for about 6 years.
:
: They must have scanned my thoughts as this morning I'm getting solid
: stable downloads at around 3 Meg, on a huge range of protocols
:
: I wonder what changed? I'd not raised any tickets about anything...
:
: Yes, I'm a rare breed but at the moment I'm a happy PN customer!

To late have left and could not be happier

Chris

Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old December 2nd 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sla#s

Stan The Man wrote:
SNIP Yes, I'm a rare breed but at the moment I'm a happy PN customer!

I've had the same experience as Dan. It had become so annoying I was
considering migrating.

I have noticed that speeds were faster at about 8 am and slowed to a
crawl in the evening - maybe contention - but that's not acceptable
and still cause for concern.

I suspect that for every winner there's a loser. Wouldn't put it past
PN to vary the throttling regime from one customer group to another so
that a different group reports improvement every other week or so. If
no-one pipes up to complain that they have suddenly inherited your old
strangulated connection then I may have to think again.

Yep - I'm still a loser. No P2p/torrent or external news.
Had a small blip on Thursday night but was gone by the morning. Nothing last
night.

Slatts

Old December 2nd 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sla#s

Pun Krocker wrote:
On 02/12/2006 at 14:50:46 Sla#s wrote :
Yep - I'm still a loser. No P2p/torrent or external news.

OK here goes!
So why are you still paying them for a **** service?

Well it's like this...

I was with wanadoo. Service was OK but they dropped news - I like news.
Yes OK I could have paid for Giganews and right now that's what I wish I'd
done.
But Plusnet had (had) a good name so I asked for my MAC two tries later I
got one that actually worked and across I went to Plusnet. Now for three
months it worked great. OK I kept bumping the limit but I didn't mind if
they didn't. So long as off peak p2p worked. But then the cold winds of
November started to blow through the halls of Plusnet towers and someone
knocked a switch somewhere and the service for me at least turned to ****.
So it's only been bad for a month - that is as long as I spent complaining
to Wanadoo about them dropping news.
I'm a patient man, I'll give them a bit longer to sort it before moving on -
again - again :-(

Slatts

Old December 2nd 06, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In article ,
says...

There was an announcement in plusnet.service.customer feedback yesterday
about it.

Which was? Or can anyone access the PusPot groups?
Old December 2nd 06, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 2 Dec 2006, Tx2 wrote:

Or can anyone access the PusPot groups?

Yes, anyone can read the newsgroups.
Old December 3rd 06, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sla#s

Pun Krocker wrote:
On 02/12/2006 at 19:34:23 Sla#s wrote :
I'm a patient man, I'll give them a bit longer to sort it before
moving on - again - again :-(

Slatts

You must be, good luck.

PS: Give one of the entanet resellers a look, good rates and Usenet
(text only).

Yes, I've been looking at them - could be a good deal.

Ta
Slatts