Unable to connect to BB

Old December 2nd 06, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dfrog

Default Unable to connect to BB

A friend in Wakefield area has been unable to connect to TalkTalk Broadband
over past 3 days.
TT customer Services have taken him thro' their procedures, including
uninstalling his Anti-virus etc, and left him, still unconnected, but with
the thought that BT have an intermittent problem at his exchange (Sandal),
which may be fixed by 21st December!!

This could be a genuine situation of course, but I have my doubts.

Is it possible to check the adsl status at Sandal exchange / his line, and
if so, how would we go about it?

(He is with TalkTalk for line rental - calls - Broadband.)

Will appreciate any help

dfrog

Old December 2nd 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"dfrog" wrote in message
A friend in Wakefield area has been unable to connect to TalkTalk
Broadband
over past 3 days.
TT customer Services have taken him thro' their procedures,
including
uninstalling his Anti-virus etc, and left him, still unconnected,
but with
the thought that BT have an intermittent problem at his exchange
(Sandal),
which may be fixed by 21st December!!

This could be a genuine situation of course, but I have my doubts.

Is it possible to check the adsl status at Sandal exchange / his
line, and
if so, how would we go about it?

(He is with TalkTalk for line rental - calls - Broadband.)

Will appreciate any help

dfrog

The only way of finding out if there are problems in a specific
exchange is to get friendly with the local engineers, you'll learn a
lot more truth without the spin if you do that.

The implied problem with BT is a standard excuse used by most (if not
all) LLU suppliers, take no notice of it & keep on at TT. Your friend
is their customer & it's up to TT to resolve the problem, not anybody
else or any other company (had the same problem with SKY who implied,
well actually stated, it was a BT problem when it most emphatically
wasn't).

Old December 2nd 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dfrog

"kráftéé" wrote in message

"dfrog" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks kráftéé, I appreciate your help and will pass this on to friend,

dfrog

Old December 2nd 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

dfrog wrote:
"kráftéé" wrote in message

"dfrog" wrote in message
[...]

Oh I forgot one very important point, if TT tells your friend to
report a fault on their line to BT _DO_NOT_DO_IT.

If your friend does it will open up the gates of visit charges, etc &
the problem not being resolved. As said before your friend is TTs
customer it is for them to contact BT (& pay BT for the priviledge
which is why some try to con their customers to do it for them)

Old December 2nd 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dfrog

"kráftéé" wrote in message
dfrog wrote:
"kráftéé" wrote in message

"dfrog" wrote in message
[...]

More thanks kráftéé, will pass this on too.

dfrog

Old December 3rd 06, 03:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"dfrog" wrote in message

"kráftéé" wrote in message
dfrog wrote:
"kráftéé" wrote in message

"dfrog" wrote in message
[...]

Yes kraftee's advice is spot on. Your friend has a legally bindingl Contract
with TT - not BT, ITV, the bloke in the corner shop or anyone else who TT
may care to blame for the problem. It is TT's responsibility to ensure your
friend receives the service they have contracted to provide & it's they
alone who are obliged to sort out any problems with the service, no matter
whose equipment the fault or problem may actually be on.

So your friend needs to persevere with TT & get *them* to sort the problem
out (easier said than done I know).

Joe Lee

dfrog

Old December 3rd 06, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dfrog

"Joe Lee" [email protected] wrote in message

"dfrog" wrote in message

"kráftéé" wrote in message
dfrog wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that Joe :-)