Bye Plusnet

Old December 2nd 06, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dickie Dido

Default Bye Plusnet

Finally got things sorted now so I am off to Virgin net.Plusnet have been
really diabolical these last few months.One thing that did swing me away
from them was the tie up with BT.Although they deny it I bet that within two
years they will handle all calls in Delhi or Calcutta.I had my fill of
that with BT and dont intend to go down that road again.Its a shame really
cos after joining PN three years ago they were really excellent,good speeds
and customer service.but thats gone down the pan now.Well have to see
what Virgin net are like

Old December 2nd 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Great Eastern

Dickie Dido wrote:
Finally got things sorted now so I am off to Virgin net.

Looking at the Virgin.net board on ADSLGuide they have big problems of
their own, but then that Forum is know for only those with problems to moan
Old December 2nd 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim S

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 21:28:01 -0000, Dickie Dido wrote:

Finally got things sorted now so I am off to Virgin net.Plusnet have been
really diabolical these last few months.One thing that did swing me away
from them was the tie up with BT.Although they deny it I bet that within two
years they will handle all calls in Delhi or Calcutta.I had my fill of
that with BT and dont intend to go down that road again.Its a shame really
cos after joining PN three years ago they were really excellent,good speeds
and customer service.but thats gone down the pan now.Well have to see
what Virgin net are like

Careful about virgin.net if you have your own website, because they omly
give you a small one (10Mb I think).
Otherwise they are ok.
I left them to go to Plusnet.
Not there now of course.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
Old December 3rd 06, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Jim S wrote:
[...]

Another point to remember is that Virgin use NTL as backbone
supplier..

Old December 3rd 06, 01:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim S

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 23:07:26 -0000, kráftéé wrote:

Jim S wrote:
[...]

That's another thing. They will be one and the same before very long. They
already are in all, but name.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
Old December 3rd 06, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog®

"Jailtime" wrote in message

Then along came NTL - who are THE mosr censorious net-nannies on the
planet. I used the word 'bloody' in a political newsgroup (where phrases
like f*ck you you f*cking pr*ck' were almost routine terms of of
endearment) and got a snotty email (followed by a snotty letter from some
young **** at NTL, warning me about my innapropriate behaviour!

So I told them to bugger off, and left.

Yep, Usenet, one of the last places were it is non PC and in most cases
unmoderated, except of course if you're with NTL.

Old December 3rd 06, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo.

Jim S wrote:
[...]

Virgin.net is wholey owned by NTL, and have been for some time.

Old December 3rd 06, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim S

Jim S wrote:
[...]

But still operating separately?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
Old December 3rd 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales

Jim S wrote:
[...]

Virgin.net are NTL's Off-Net service