2.4km line length from exchange - Only 7Mbit say Be / BT ?

Old December 3rd 06, 02:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereoradio.info

Default 2.4km line length from exchange - Only 7Mbit say Be / BT ?

Be tell me BT give just 7Mbit for ADSL2+ as I'm 2.5km line length from my
exchange. Is this over conservitive or not ? I had thought about half of
the max available so about 12Mbit'ish ?

Old December 3rd 06, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 01:55:55 -0000, "www.amstereoradio.info"
wrote:

Be tell me BT give just 7Mbit for ADSL2+ as I'm 2.5km line length from my
exchange.

BT have no role in deciding what speed you get from Be, the modem goes
as fast as it can given the prevailing line quality.

Phil
--
http://www.notspot.info/ - if you can't get the Broadband you want.