Number rewrite with Trixbox

Old December 3rd 06, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Default Number rewrite with Trixbox

Hi,

Is there an easy way (preferably with the web interface) to have a number
rewrite with Trixbox?

I would like the following to happen...

User dials 118XXX - system actually calls an 0800 number, via a preset
trunk.

I have tried creating an outgoing rule that matches "118XXX" and passes it
to my Sipgate trunk, then in the Sipgate trunk I have "118XXX|+0800NUMBER"

This does not work, it seems I can only use the + to prefix numbers, not
suffix them.

I also tried this in the Sipgate trunk "0044800NUMBER+118XXX"

This then passes "0044800NUMBER118XXX" but unlike the PSTN, the irelevent
digits are not ignored, and Sipgate tells me an error has occurred.

Any ideas people!

Ta!

--

Sparks...

Old December 3rd 06, 01:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Sparks" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there an easy way (preferably with the web interface) to have a number
rewrite with Trixbox?

I would like the following to happen...

User dials 118XXX - system actually calls an 0800 number, via a preset
trunk.

I have tried creating an outgoing rule that matches "118XXX" and passes it
to my Sipgate trunk, then in the Sipgate trunk I have "118XXX|+0800NUMBER"

This does not work, it seems I can only use the + to prefix numbers, not
suffix them.

I also tried this in the Sipgate trunk "0044800NUMBER+118XXX"

This then passes "0044800NUMBER118XXX" but unlike the PSTN, the irelevent
digits are not ignored, and Sipgate tells me an error has occurred.

Any ideas people!

Ta!

--

Assumming I have correctly guessed what you are doing, can
I ask if you have succesfully pre-registered for 0800118FREE

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old December 3rd 06, 01:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

When I try I get dumped on a "Page not found"

Never mind, I just tried again and it worked/
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old December 3rd 06, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sparks" wrote in message
[...]

I resorted to either deal with it in my Sipura Dial Plans, or in
extensions.custom.conf add something like this:

exten = 118118,1,Dial(SIP/[email protected])

With this near the top of extensions.custom.conf, anyone dialling 118118
will actually be passed to the 0800 number.

Perhaps exten = _118XXX,1,Dial(SIP/[email protected]) would let you cater
for any 118 number.......not played much with variables myself.

BTW what's the 0800 number you want to translate to? If it's a directories
number, it won't last long if you post it here, though.

Old December 3rd 06, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Jono" wrote in message
k...

BTW what's the 0800 number you want to translate to? If it's a directories
number, it won't last long if you post it here, though.

Seen the other thread in uk.t.

Old December 4th 06, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

"Jono" wrote in message
k...

"Sparks" wrote in message
[...]

Great, this works a treat :-)
_118XXX,1,Dial(SIP/[email protected])
Now any 6 digit 118 number will route to this 0800 number :-)

Thanks!

(0800 118 FREE(3733)) is an advert sponsored free directory service from
118118)

Apparently you need to register on http://www.118.com/ but I just called it
from a number I didn't register, and it still seems to work anyway!

Sparks...

Old December 4th 06, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sparks" wrote in message

Great, this works a treat :-)
_118XXX,1,Dial(SIP/[email protected])
Now any 6 digit 118 number will route to this 0800 number :-)

Glad it worked.

Thanks!

No probs.

(0800 118 FREE(3733)) is an advert sponsored free directory service from
118118)

Yes, I noticed the other thread in uk.t after I'd asked.

Apparently you need to register on http://www.118.com/ but I just called
it from a number I didn't register, and it still seems to work anyway!

I just tried it on an unregistered line, with a withheld CLI & it worked. I
even got the correct number read back to me. Very clever, if a bit tedious.

Old December 4th 06, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk...
"Sparks" wrote in message

Great, this works a treat :-)
_118XXX,1,Dial(SIP/[email protected])
Now any 6 digit 118 number will route to this 0800 number :-)

Glad it worked.

Thanks!

No probs.

(0800 118 FREE(3733)) is an advert sponsored free directory service from
118118)

Yes, I noticed the other thread in uk.t after I'd asked.

Apparently you need to register on http://www.118.com/ but I just called
it from a number I didn't register, and it still seems to work anyway!

I just tried it on an unregistered line, with a withheld CLI & it worked.
I even got the correct number read back to me. Very clever, if a bit
tedious.

I am not so sure if it is using voice recognition as you might expect, it
asks for the name you are looking for, then the address - but there is no
feedback, it just seems to record you for X amount of time (If you are still
speaking after the time has expired, it doesn't wait for you to stop
speaking), then it takes ages to return with your number - It's probably
someone listening and doing a manual search!

Sparks...

Old December 4th 06, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sparks" wrote in message

I just tried it on an unregistered line, with a withheld CLI & it worked.
I even got the correct number read back to me. Very clever, if a bit
tedious.

I am not so sure if it is using voice recognition as you might expect, it
asks for the name you are looking for, then the address - but there is no
feedback, it just seems to record you for X amount of time (If you are
still speaking after the time has expired, it doesn't wait for you to stop
speaking), then it takes ages to return with your number - It's probably
someone listening and doing a manual search!

It's funny you should make that last comment. I said exactly the same to a
colleague.

Are you listening in on my conversations?

Old December 5th 06, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk...

"Sparks" wrote in message

I just tried it on an unregistered line, with a withheld CLI & it
worked. I even got the correct number read back to me. Very clever, if a
bit tedious.

I am not so sure if it is using voice recognition as you might expect, it
asks for the name you are looking for, then the address - but there is no
feedback, it just seems to record you for X amount of time (If you are
still speaking after the time has expired, it doesn't wait for you to
stop speaking), then it takes ages to return with your number - It's
probably someone listening and doing a manual search!

It's funny you should make that last comment. I said exactly the same to a
colleague.

Are you listening in on my conversations?

Maybe :-)

....and stop looking at those disgusting web sites!!