Aldi VoIP phone

Old December 3rd 06, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Newsposter

Default Aldi VoIP phone

Hi,

Aldi are selling a VoIP phone for £10 (with £5 credit). Has anyone
tried this?. If so, is it any good?.

Also, I presume this can be used with other VoIP services such as
Skype.

http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_bu...ctnl_4928.html

Thanks

Old December 3rd 06, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Newsposter" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Aldi are selling a VoIP phone for £10 (with £5 credit). Has anyone
tried this?. If so, is it any good?.

Also, I presume this can be used with other VoIP services such as
Skype.

http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_bu...ctnl_4928.html

Thanks
==================

This is the same phone as tesco sells, of which I have one works well with
skype, but you may need to download the skype drivers to use the buttons

Old December 3rd 06, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 10:52:24 -0000, "RH"
wrote:

Aldi are selling a VoIP phone for £10 (with £5 credit). Has anyone
tried this?. If so, is it any good?.

In general, ALDI computer stuff is good, but the tariffs don't look
tempting at all.

Also, I presume this can be used with other VoIP services such as
Skype.

Skype is a proprietary system that is different from all other VOIP.
"Proper" VOIP hardware won't do Skype, and vice versa.
Old December 3rd 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
themgt

Yes. See http://www.yealink.com/en/otherdown.asp and
http://www.yealink.com/en/skypedown.asp
Old December 3rd 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Woo

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:32:56 GMT, wrote:

promise that I made to myself some time ago NEVER to go near an ALDI
or a LIDIL store

That would be Lidl.

W.

Old December 4th 06, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 22:15:10 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Don't worry, Ron hates anything German, he's still the Village idiot
around here, most people have him killfiled as he's a right muppet.

That's really not fair. Village idiots are generally well liked and
have a place in the community.

I'd not realised that his pathetic vendetta against Sipgate was racist
in nature, but now you point it out it does add up.

However, it's good to know that he doesn't shop in Lidl or Aldi. I
wonder how he feels about the royal family. They're German, aren't
they?
Old December 4th 06, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Ivor Jones wrote:
wrote in message

What bloody nonsense you do talk I have wished for many a
long year that Hitler had won the last war and I am not
joking .

I hereby invoke Godwin's Law.