2 ADSL Routers on One Line

Old December 3rd 06, 11:52 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

Default 2 ADSL Routers on One Line

On 03 Dec 2006 09:40, Phil Thompson wrote:

The chance of two modems on one line achieving sync at the same time
are zero.

Agreed, which was why I had taken the excerpt of the earlier post saying
"You'd end up with nothing working." as I found that not to be the case.

with MaxDSL it may manage to get some sort of low speed link.

With router #1 on the line but with no power, router #2 went down
from a usual 7000-8000 kbps to just over 3000 for downstream.

With router #1 powered up, and router #2 powered up, the sync
speed for router #1 decreased from 8128 to 4800 kbps (I got a
backlog of podcasts and saw the transfer at around 4000 kbps
throughout). Removing the power from router #2 made no change
(no disconnect) for router #1, while disconnecting the RJ11 from
router #2 caused router #1 to lose sync, then go back to 8128 kbps.

[ uk.telecom.broadband added as it might be of interest to someone :-]