netgear TA612v with Sipgate software.

Old December 3rd 06, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy E

Default netgear TA612v with Sipgate software.

Hi I have just bought the above to use with my existing phones in the uk.

I have a few questions if somebody can help please?

How do I connect to my Existing Netgear DG834G router? (Lan to computer,
hard wired)

Can I also use my 18866 dialer box as well, as an alternative?

Many thanks.

AE

Old December 3rd 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Andy E" wrote in
message
Hi I have just bought the above to use with my existing
phones in the uk.
I have a few questions if somebody can help please?

How do I connect to my Existing Netgear DG834G router?
(Lan to computer, hard wired)

Can I also use my 18866 dialer box as well, as an
alternative?
Many thanks.

https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/faq/ind...rik=540# num3

Don't know about dialler boxes.

HTH,

Ivor

Old December 3rd 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:02:21 -0000, "Andy E"
wrote:

How do I connect to my Existing Netgear DG834G router? (Lan to computer,
hard wired)

plug the WAN port of the TA612v into a LAN port of the DG834G ?

Can I also use my 18866 dialer box as well, as an alternative?

that goes on a proper phone line so providing it is behind an ADSL
filter you can use that to divert landline calls via 18866

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))
Old December 3rd 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy E

yes thaks for the replys

need to alter the 834g settings to let it though. I will let you know how i
get on thanks....

AE

Old December 4th 06, 08:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
speckled hen

I had same set up, never could get it going.
Sipgate support were no help and netgear were even worst
let me know if you crack it, I gave up and bought a linksys which has
worked well.

Old December 4th 06, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"speckled hen" wrote in message
ups.com
I had same set up, never could get it going.
Sipgate support were no help and netgear were even worst
let me know if you crack it, I gave up and bought a
linksys which has worked well.

Did you read the help page on Sipgate's site that I quoted..?

Ivor

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?