Cancelling Tiscali?

Old December 3rd 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJ

Default Cancelling Tiscali?

Hi

I need some advice - I've contacted Tiscali, but I know from previous
experience that they're not very good at answering questions that don't
appear on their Q&A script, so I thought I'd try here as well.

I signed up with Tiscali in August, but I may be moving out of the
country in a few months. I know it's a 12 month contract, but would I
be able to cancel? Their terms and conditions do say that I can cancel
"at anytime if you move to a new address to which we cannot provide the
broadband service", and I would think that South Africa would qualify
as they certainly can't provide me with broadband there :-) On the
other hand, it's probably not what they had in mind when they wrote the
terms and conditions.

Anyone have any experience with this, or know if it's likely to be a
problem? And if they won't let me cancel without any further charges,
what happens? Can I try to pay off the rest of the year in one lump
sum and have the service stop immediately? Or do I have just continue
paying the monthly fee until the year is up?

Thanks
CJ