Orange BB Customer Support

Old December 3rd 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deryck

Default Orange BB Customer Support

Hi,

I have a minor problem with my Orange BB (the 0845 VoIP number attached
doesn't receive calls, dead tone).

When I tried to ring Orange I got a recorded message saying how busy
they were and would I like to email them instead? Since the "support" I
got from them on the phone when I installed their livebox was so bad I
thought I might try this. Unfortunately it takes them 24-48 hours to
answer each email and we are now on the third iteration. Each email is
answered by someone different who doesn't actually seem to read my email
and tells me to try stuff that is clearly irrelevant, eg

Me: I can make calls on the handset attached to the livebox but not
receive them. I have performed a factory reset, cycled power, fitted the
new phone adapter that you sent me and tried different handsets.

Orange:
*Is there a dial tone on the Talk line?
*Are you able to make or receive calls on the Talk line?
*Please can you also advise us of the makes and models of any phones
tried on the Livebox.
*Can you confirm that you have performed a factory reset?
*Can you confirm that you have tried turning off and turning back on
your Livebox?
*Can you confirm that you have tried a replacement phone adapter?
*The full error message you receive

Does anyone know the best way to escalate a support problem within
Orange or know an alternative number to call?

TIA

Deryck
Old December 3rd 06, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
djkeates

Deryck wrote:
[...]

Phone customer support and ask them to dissable and then enable the
talk facility,
this will give you a new number which will hopefully work. Note wait 24
hours after calling then reset the Livebox

Dave

Old December 26th 06, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deryck

djkeates wrote:

Phone customer support and ask them to dissable and then enable the
talk facility,
this will give you a new number which will hopefully work. Note wait 24
hours after calling then reset the Livebox

Dave

Sorry I never got round to thanking you for this advice Dave.

I haven't followed through with it yet simply because the feature of
LiveTalk to make free overseas calls is so useful I'm not sure we want
to be without it, even for 24 hours. There is also the fear that Orange
take something that "mostly works" and turns it into something that
doesn't work. Finally, I'm beginning to think of this as a feature, ie,
ring up someone (possibly a business enquiry), let their CLID pick up
the 0845 number and if they if try and ring back they get the dead tone.

Cheers

Deryck

Old December 26th 06, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
djkeates

Deryck

I am afraid my advice may have given the result you most feared. My
talk service has stopped working completely, and despite repeated phone
calls I am no further forward. I will post updates here.

Regards
Dave

Old December 27th 06, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Ridgeway

Deryck,

It would seem that the sole aim in life of a call centre jockey is to turn
round a problem as quickly as possible (how many times have you been badly
advised or advised to call another number?) and to defend their own personal
position (you didn't speak to me) forgetting they are all there to represent
their business.

The best advice I can give (from bitter experience) to anyone with a
persistent problem with Orange (and indeed any other call centre) is to
insist on going to a customer services manager. I have been lucky enough to
get out of the call centre loop and am now speaking to someone whom I can
call direct, who does call me back, has some common sense, a sense of
wanting to please the customer and the knowledge and authority to take the
necessary action (all attributes which call centre jockeys should have in
the first place) and we are making (albeit slow) progress.

Before anyone asks I don't want to release contact details as this may
produce a flood of calls and prejudice my case. However, when I have been
satisfied by Orange the situation will have changed.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway

Old December 27th 06, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deryck

Bill Ridgeway wrote:
Deryck,

SNIP ALL TOO FAMILIAR TALE OF WOE

Bill Ridgeway

Thanks Bill. I may try that approach. FWIW, I've been very happy with
the Orange product/service and most aspects of their telephone service
(sales, bill payments, etc) but the Orange Broadband Customer Support is
truly atrocious. Installation of the Livebox (first time) was a
nightmare with the BB CS bod finally telling me that I needed to talk to
"my technical support people". Duh, if I had tech. support people would
I be f**king around with the livebox myself? I have been trying to
resolve the 0845 issue by email which is at least cheaper and less
frustrating and provides an electronic copy of their incompetence.

Thanks again for the advice.

Deryck

Old December 27th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deryck

djkeates wrote:
Deryck

I am afraid my advice may have given the result you most feared. My
talk service has stopped working completely, and despite repeated phone
calls I am no further forward. I will post updates here.

My commiserations Dave.

With in-laws overseas I cannot really afford to lose the use of the talk
service for more than a day or so. So I may just accept the situation or
possibly take Bill's advice and get someone more senior involved.

Good luck.

Deryck