Setting up BT VOIP on a third party router

Old December 3rd 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Setting up BT VOIP on a third party router

Hi,

I have ditched the 2wire 2700 router that came with BT Business VOIP
and I am setting up a Fritz!box VOIP router.

The BT SIP settings I am using a

Username: 056******* [my bt number]
Password: [my password]
Registrar: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com
Proxy: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com

Unfortunately the service is not registering.

I have other SIP providers registered on the router and they are all
working fine. BT tech have given me the 'we only support our own
hardware' line. There's a suprise!

Has anyone got BT BBV working on a non-bt router?

Cheers.

Old December 3rd 06, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
oups.com
Hi,

I have ditched the 2wire 2700 router that came with BT
Business VOIP and I am setting up a Fritz!box VOIP router.

The BT SIP settings I am using a

Username: 056******* [my bt number]
Password: [my password]
Registrar: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com
Proxy: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com

Unfortunately the service is not registering.

I have other SIP providers registered on the router and
they are all working fine. BT tech have given me the 'we
only support our own hardware' line. There's a suprise!

Has anyone got BT BBV working on a non-bt router?

Cheers.

Have you got the "Use internet number for registration" box ticked..? Most
providers don't need this, but maybe BT BBV do..?

Let me know if that does/doesn't work, if it doesn't we'll have to think
of something else..!

Ivor

Old December 4th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Have you got the "Use internet number for registration" box ticked..? Most
providers don't need this, but maybe BT BBV do..?

Let me know if that does/doesn't work, if it doesn't we'll have to think
of something else..!

Ivor

I have tried this both ways without success. Just to clarify I am using
the BUSINESS HUB Voice, I have read the previous posts but they are
based on the Home Hub service.