LLU info

Old December 3rd 06, 01:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

Default LLU info

On 03 Dec 2006, Peter wrote:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=EAGDM

Doesn't show your exchange as being LLU'd by anyone.

However, each company will install it's own equipment - i.e. Bulldog
will install its own kit, as will BE, as will Easynet etc.

Unfortunately, the information from Tiscali is poor to non-existant, and if
you do see details on SamKnows about TIscali, it is based on leaked info (a
member of staff posted - within hours the original posts had been deleted).

Subsequently comments were made that the details that were shown were likely
to be wrong (the roll-out for Tiscali seems to be either chaotic or they
must change their ideas every week!) One side effect of the "uncertainty"
was that where there had been a promise of up to 24 Mbps, it was scaled back
to "up to 16 Mbps" and described as being only at exchanges decided on by
Tiscali, with no certainty of it coming about in all places, as a pretty
clear implication. Seems like TIscali is wanting to keep any of its
plans close to its chest, which is understandable, up to a point.

Old December 3rd 06, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ForeverArsenal

Hi
First post for a long time.
Info needed please.
Been with plusnet for 3.5 yrs and not had to many problems so far
(one of the lucky ones)

Found out today that equipment for the dreaded LLU is installed in my
exchange but not yet connected.
Exchange= Great Dunmow
exchange code=EAGDM
Post code CM61BG

So question is,is there any way of finding out who's LLU
equipment is installed ??, as a fairly long term +net
customer I don't want to end up being connected to someone like the dreaded
tiscali
as most with +net//tiscali llu seem to have monster probs.
--
Barry.
If it ain't broke-don't fix it.

Old December 4th 06, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyer

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message

Hi
First post for a long time.
Info needed please.
Been with plusnet for 3.5 yrs and not had to many problems so far
(one of the lucky ones)

Found out today that equipment for the dreaded LLU is installed in my
exchange but not yet connected.
Exchange= Great Dunmow
exchange code=EAGDM
Post code CM61BG

So question is,is there any way of finding out who's LLU
equipment is installed ??, as a fairly long term +net
customer I don't want to end up being connected to someone like the
dreaded tiscali
as most with +net//tiscali llu seem to have monster probs.
--

google for samknows ;-)

P.

Old December 4th 06, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 22:36:29 -0000, "ForeverArsenal"
wrote:

[...]

You will only be connected to LLU kit installed by Plusnet, or
installed by someone else and who Plusnet is buying wholesale capacity
from i.e. you will get your LLU service from Plusnet, not from their
wholesaler
--
Cheers

Peter

Please remove the invalid to reply
Old December 4th 06, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ForeverArsenal

Hi

"Peter" wrote in message
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=EAGDM

Doesn't show your exchange as being LLU'd by anyone.
You will only be connected to LLU kit installed by Plusnet,
Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter
Thanks for the reply.
Had already checked sam knows but as stated the equipment *is* installed
at my exchange but not yet connected up (info from bt engineer) .

As far as I've seen to date regards +net they tend deal with Tiscali :-(
LLU equipment @exchange and if that the case I want my mac code
and away,could be bad enough being taken over by BT.

So that the reason I'm trying to find who's gear in installed in my exchange

Cheers Barry.

Old December 4th 06, 12:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Simpsons

Hi
First post for a long time.
Info needed please.
Been with plusnet for 3.5 yrs and not had to many problems so far
(one of the lucky ones)

Found out today that equipment for the dreaded LLU is installed in my
exchange but not yet connected.
Exchange= Great Dunmow
exchange code=EAGDM
Post code CM61BG

So question is,is there any way of finding out who's LLU
equipment is installed ??, as a fairly long term +net
customer I don't want to end up being connected to someone like the dreaded
tiscali
as most with +net//tiscali llu seem to have monster probs.

Why don't you go here and opt out of LLU.
You will need to login to the plusnet portal first.
http://portal.plus.net/wizard/index....QKDuPCdAswQ%3D

Old December 4th 06, 01:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

ForeverArsenal wrote:
So question is,is there any way of finding out who's LLU
equipment is installed ??, as a fairly long term +net
customer I don't want to end up being connected to someone like the dreaded
tiscali as most with +net//tiscali llu seem to have monster probs.

What did Plusnet say when you asked them? I would have thought that they
would be in the second best position to know (their wholesale provider
being in the best position).
Old December 4th 06, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

ForeverArsenal wrote:
Hi
First post for a long time.
Info needed please.
Been with plusnet for 3.5 yrs and not had to many problems so far
(one of the lucky ones)

Found out today that equipment for the dreaded LLU is installed in my
exchange but not yet connected.
Exchange= Great Dunmow
exchange code=EAGDM
Post code CM61BG

Plusnet LLUed me, the line never worked properly again, went from 1000kbps
stable connection, to about 200kb, with downloads often coming through at
less then dial up.

I dumped plusnet, and got sky broadband on the other line in my house, i now
have 3000kbps rock solid.

I am currently doing a newsgroup download, and getting between 310 and
290KB/s, i get that *all* the time.

Gaz