Torrents/downloads and BT Home Hub

Old December 4th 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Torrents/downloads and BT Home Hub

Hi All,
Has anyone encountered problems with the home Hub whilst using torrent
programs? I'm currently using Transmission on Mac OSX - when I have low
download speeds everything seems OK, but if I have prolonged high
download speeds my BT Home Hub resets itself.
So does the home hub struggle with high data throughputs? How will this
affect the new BT Vision service where you download video on demand?

BR,
Kev

Old December 6th 06, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Soruk

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:01:00 -0000, Gaz wrote:
wrote:
Hi All,
Has anyone encountered problems with the home Hub whilst using torrent
programs? I'm currently using Transmission on Mac OSX - when I have low
download speeds everything seems OK, but if I have prolonged high
download speeds my BT Home Hub resets itself.
So does the home hub struggle with high data throughputs? How will this
affect the new BT Vision service where you download video on demand?

BR,
Kev

Many routers fall over with torrents, the sheer number of simultaneous
download and upload connections end up crashing the router.

Many of the newer routers seem to cope without a problem, i cant comment for
bt home hub....

My DG834GT struggled enough that I even built some hardware to power cycle
it automagically (controlled by my linux box) if it locked up. However,
since disabling DHT in my torrent client it hasn't fallen over once.

Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email
Old December 6th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 6 Dec 2006, "Alan" wrote:

any constant download resets my hub and leaves it in a hung state

I stream audio of multiple radio services (using Radio Tracker) for
hours at a time. Does having some BBC / commercial station running
for 6 hours cause you problems ? On another PC I use Total Recorder
which can be used to schedule different stations for recording, and
routinely record from 0000 to 0900 and a few more hours later on
(on 5 or 6 days each week)
Old December 24th 06, 09:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
speckled hen

NoNeedToKnow wrote:

On 6 Dec 2006, "Alan" wrote:

any constant download resets my hub and leaves it in a hung state

I stream audio of multiple radio services (using Radio Tracker) for
hours at a time. Does having some BBC / commercial station running
for 6 hours cause you problems ? On another PC I use Total Recorder
which can be used to schedule different stations for recording, and
routinely record from 0000 to 0900 and a few more hours later on
(on 5 or 6 days each week)

I have got both the home hub and BT Vision and as yet I have not
noticed any problems with downloads