Combined ADSL microfilter *and* phone socket doubler?

Old December 4th 06, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Mizter T

Default Combined ADSL microfilter *and* phone socket doubler?

[posted to uk.telecom and uk.telecom.broadband]

I'm looking for a product that doesn't seem to exist - I wonder if
anyone has come across it...

I'm looking for a combined ADSL microfilter and telephone socket
doubler. Basically I have a single socket and I want to plug both a
telephone and my Sky box into it, but I want to avoid having to plug a
doubler into a microfilter because it'll be a mess.

I have considered a faceplate with built-in filter but unfortunately
that's not a runner, as whilst the socket in question is the master
socket it isn't an NTE5 linebox, it's the older type of socket so is
incompatible with filtered faceplates. I don't fancy paying BT a wad of
cash just to change it to an NTE5 linebox, and whilst I could replace
it with an NTE5 myself (then add the filtered faceplate) that's
definitely against the rules.

So, has anyone ever come across a combined microfilter + socket
doubler?

TIA for any replies

Old December 4th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Maneate

Mizter T wrote:
[...]

I could be wrong (as I was not looking for this sort of thing I was only
glancing across the rack looking for coax plugs, I may have got it
wrong), but I think I may have seen something like this in Focus DIY on
Sunday.

Old December 4th 06, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Maneate

Mizter T wrote:
[...]

Another thought, a surge protector? J have seen with a doubler and an
ADSL port built in.

HTH

Old December 5th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband

Hi,

I had my wall installed fixed combined filter by BT engineer, You could
try check http://www.speedtest-online.co.uk/ and type microfilter onto
search box at homepage to get few options that to me look like they
have the solution for you. Hoping this will help...pappa

Old December 5th 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
thoss

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 Mizter T wrote:

[...]

I've been looking for something like this for years. I don't think it
exists. I can't think why not!
--
Thoss