Anyway to give BT a kick over Virtual Paths?

Old December 4th 06, 07:43 PM posted to uk.net.providers.aaisp,uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

Default Anyway to give BT a kick over Virtual Paths?

My exchange has been showing red on the Virtual Path for weeks, and the
upgrade date keeps getting put back. Thus far almost a month since the
first date was proposed.

I don't get very good speeds, and am getting very frustrated playing
this unnecessary waiting game for BTW to do something about it so I (and
a couple of my neighbours) can at least know how we stand.

AAISP have said they can't do anything because my speeds are not below
any threshold, and I can't disagree with that.

Is there anyway to contact BTW via phone, letter or carrier pigeon and
'explain' to them that they need to pull their finger out to keep the
residents around here happy, or we'll send the boys in?

:-)

TIA

Old December 4th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.net.providers.aaisp,uk.telecom.broadband
Maneate

Tx2 wrote:
My exchange has been showing red on the Virtual Path for weeks, and the
upgrade date keeps getting put back. Thus far almost a month since the
first date was proposed.

I don't get very good speeds, and am getting very frustrated playing
this unnecessary waiting game for BTW to do something about it so I (and
a couple of my neighbours) can at least know how we stand.

AAISP have said they can't do anything because my speeds are not below
any threshold, and I can't disagree with that.

Is there anyway to contact BTW via phone, letter or carrier pigeon and
'explain' to them that they need to pull their finger out to keep the
residents around here happy, or we'll send the boys in?

:-)

TIA

If all the 'contractual obligations' are being met with regard to the
service being supplied, I doubt you would have much clout or success in
getting it changed. unless of course some big wig, MP, or other VIP
happens to live in the area and can cause ripples at a high enough level.

Old December 5th 06, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Tx2 wrote:

My exchange has been showing red on the Virtual Path for weeks, and the
upgrade date keeps getting put back. Thus far almost a month since the
first date was proposed.

I don't get very good speeds, and am getting very frustrated playing
this unnecessary waiting game for BTW to do something about it so I (and
a couple of my neighbours) can at least know how we stand.

I don't know where you stand (legally, or otherwise), but I had this
happen to me when I forst got connected. With my ISP (Zen) we went
through many permutations, (involving different ADSL modem/routers,
connecting to the BT test service and me graphing FTP speeds over time,
etc.) but it seemed that all the time BT were stalling - even to the
extent that they sent engineers on-site to check things out (I didn't
get charged for it), but all the time, everything was pointing to the
VP issues at the exchange. It did eventualyl get fixed, but it took
a few weeks and I got my neighbours to complain to their ISPs too -
although whether that helped, I don't know.

Good luck is all I can offer though...

Gordon