IPKALL

Old December 5th 06, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default IPKALL

Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?

I've managed to get VoIPTalk to VoIPStunt to work, but can't seem to get
IPKALL to VoIPStunt to play ball.

Thought about trying IPKALL to VoIPTalk to VoIPStunt, not sure I was
using the correct to VoIPTalk settings, but tried different combinations
but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas.

Would have to go through all this if Sipgate hadn't gone down the pan.

Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old December 5th 06, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?

Voipstunt does not accept direct VOIP calls ) ,
except from their own network (means from any of the Betamax family)
Don't believe you can get IPKall to work with this service

Philippe

Old December 5th 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Philippe Deleye:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message . uk...
Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?

Voipstunt does not accept direct VOIP calls ) ,
except from their own network (means from any of the Betamax family)
Don't believe you can get IPKall to work with this service

Philippe

Strange as I have VoIPTalk forwarded to my VoIPStunt account, but have
to use and not voipstunt and they
are working fine.

But I can't use the same from IPKall as it just doesn't work, thought
about having IPKall go to one of the VoIPTalk accounts I have forwarded
to VoIPStunt account, but that doesn't work.

--
60 day free DVD rental:
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd

Old December 5th 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Thus spaketh Philippe Deleye:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message . uk...
Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?

Voipstunt does not accept direct VOIP calls )
, except from their own network (means from any of the Betamax
family) Don't believe you can get IPKall to work with this service

Philippe

Strange as I have VoIPTalk forwarded to my VoIPStunt account, but have
to use and not voipstunt and they
are working fine.

But I can't use the same from IPKall as it just doesn't work, thought
about having IPKall go to one of the VoIPTalk accounts I have
forwarded to VoIPStunt account, but that doesn't work.

Just to follow up.

Even though my VoIPTalk number is forwarded to VoIPStunt account and
when calling the VoIPTalk number it does ring my VoIPStunt account and
it all works fine, when I call the IPKall number that is forwarded to
the VoIPTalk number that is forwarded to VoIPStunt I get the VoIPTalk
voicemail.

Old December 5th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve Hayes

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?

I've managed to get VoIPTalk to VoIPStunt to work, but can't seem to get
IPKALL to VoIPStunt to play ball.

Thought about trying IPKALL to VoIPTalk to VoIPStunt, not sure I was
using the correct to VoIPTalk settings, but tried different combinations
but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas.

Would have to go through all this if Sipgate hadn't gone down the pan.

I've also been caught out by the IPKall-Sipgate business. There's still no
sign of a fix but I have to say that Sipgate has been almost 100% reliable
otherwise since the blocking was introduced.

I tried various forwarding tricks, e.g. pointing IPKall to an FWD number and
forwarding that to Sipgate but they don't work. Without the forwarding, the
FWD line will ring and it can call the Sipgate phone but it looks like
either IPKall won't accept the forwarding or Sipgate is seeing that the
call isn't originating from FWD and won't accept it.

What does work though (and should with VOIPStunt and most others too) is to
forward IPKall directly to the phone. In my case, I have a static IP
address and several phones. The one I want to receive the IPKall calls is
on port 5070 so I put my static IP address followed by a colon and 5070
(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5070) as the SIP proxy in the IPKall account
configuration. I have my Sipgate number as the SIP Phone number but I
suspect it won't matter what you put there.

I have ports 5070-5099 forwarded to the phone on my Draytek router. This
range seemed to be needed with the previous temperamental Linksys router.
Perhaps only one port (5070) really needs to be forwarded but I don't think
direct IPKall forwarding will work without at least that.

IPKall configuration changes seem to take more than the stated 60 minutes to
take effect. Several hours is more like it in my experience so be patient.

Since IPKall calls come directly to the phone, Sipgate voicemail can't pick
them up. They just ring and ring if unanswered or go to silence if the
phone is off-line. Normal calls via Sipgate come in as usual.

Some guesses now:

If your phone is on the standard SIP port (5060), you probably don't need to
specify it.

If you have a dynamic IP number (as most people will), I imagine a dynamic
DNS service can be used. Put your dynamic DNS address in place of the
static IP number.

This may not work with some locked ATAs (Vonage?). It stands no chance with
Skype.

Good luck.
--
----Steve Hayes, South Wales, UK----
Please remove colours from my e-mail address.
Old December 6th 06, 01:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Philippe Deleye" wrote in message
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Anyone know how to get IPKALL to work with VoIPStunt?

Voipstunt does not accept direct VOIP calls ) ,
except from their own network (means from any of the Betamax family)
Don't believe you can get IPKall to work with this service

Philippe

Hi,

Looking at VoipBuster, they seem to be quite lively over there - check their
forums (trialing various new services, etc.), they have introduced a test of
direct SIP dialling for SIP users so that you can call a VoipBuster (and a
few of the other outfits I guess) user, by dialling the username @
sip.betamaxdomain.etc . Only works (according to them and their forum I
think it was) for SIP users (i.e. you cannot initiate a SIP call using the
above dialling format to a softphone user - only someone using their
services via SIP).

As regards the OP's IPKALL side of the query, I can't see any reason why
that wouldn't work... as others have said, I understand IPKALL configuration
updates can take a while, ... and if it works with VoIPTalk..? Hmm...
strange, I think I had some other thoughts.. but lol... I am sure someone
else with come up with some other good input .

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old December 6th 06, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
[...]

I think it's down to peering agreements that the Finarea/Betamax
companies evidently do have with some providers, but we don't know
which. I can't really help, after discovering it when people said
nothing worked, as I'm still a beginner. Most other people have more
accounts to try it from

Calling the pstn number works from pstn, but not via various SIP routes
so maybe there are enum issues as well. Calling the SIP address from eg
Babble in X-lite doesn't work - it's shown as forbidden, so I imagine
that VC have blocked it. I can't figure anything with Voxalot at the
moment either.

I know hardly anything of the detail of SIP, so can someone explain how
providers actually block incoming calls, eg - naive question - is it a
firewall method?

Old December 6th 06, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

andy wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
[...]

Ok, sorry to bump; I should have tried this earlier - beginner's luck,

- try Freedigits instead, assuming your actual US area code isn't an
issue* (i.e. Iowa instead of Seattle/Washington)

*
In the USA, there are different tariffs from landlines to long distance
(local calls are free), so some people here might want to get (pay for)
an area code where most of their contacts are.

Mobiles don't have any difference for long-distance, so anyone from
here just wanting a US DID for methods to call home from a US cellphone
when they visit there doesn't really mind what area code ...

Old December 6th 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh andy:
andy wrote:
- try Freedigits instead, assuming your actual US area code isn't an
issue* (i.e. Iowa instead of Seattle/Washington)

*
In the USA, there are different tariffs from landlines to long
distance (local calls are free), so some people here might want to
get (pay for) an area code where most of their contacts are.

Mobiles don't have any difference for long-distance, so anyone from
here just wanting a US DID for methods to call home from a US
cellphone when they visit there doesn't really mind what area code ...

Will have a look, thanks.

Old December 8th 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Thus spaketh andy:
andy wrote:
- try Freedigits instead, assuming your actual US area code isn't an
issue* (i.e. Iowa instead of Seattle/Washington)

*
In the USA, there are different tariffs from landlines to long
distance (local calls are free), so some people here might want to
get (pay for) an area code where most of their contacts are.

Mobiles don't have any difference for long-distance, so anyone from
here just wanting a US DID for methods to call home from a US
cellphone when they visit there doesn't really mind what area code

Will have a look, thanks.

Have now signed up and it works well. Couldn't sign up yesterday as
there was some problem or other.

Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg