ASDL router or ADSL modem router

Old December 6th 06, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zammo397

Default ASDL router or ADSL modem router

I am really confused at the moment. I have just gone over to a
wireless modem router and have a really lousy download speed. Someone
told me that all I needed was a router. If anyone can shed any light
on this then HELP...!

Old December 6th 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Zammo397 wrote:
I am really confused at the moment. I have just gone over to a
wireless modem router and have a really lousy download speed. Someone
told me that all I needed was a router. If anyone can shed any light
on this then HELP...!

The only difference is the wireless, that wont be why you are getting lousy
download speeds.

Gaz

Old December 6th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Great Eastern

Zammo397 wrote:
and have a really lousy download speed.

PlusNet?
Old December 6th 06, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zammo397

Great Eastern wrote:
Zammo397 wrote:
and have a really lousy download speed.

PlusNet?

Yes it's PlusNet. Is this a common PlusNet problem?

Old December 6th 06, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sla#s

Zammo397 wrote:
Great Eastern wrote:
Zammo397 wrote:
and have a really lousy download speed.

PlusNet?

Yes it's PlusNet. Is this a common PlusNet problem?

Look in the newsgroup "plusnet.service.customer-feedback"

They have been having serious problems for a while and it appears to have
come to a head in November.
Lots of folk complaining about p2p. Torrents. newsgroups, and now even plain
html not working!
I was with them - got fed up and have just migrated.
Pity - they were good a while back :-(

Slatts

Old December 7th 06, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Great Eastern

Sla#s wrote:
They have been having serious problems for a while and it appears to have
come to a head in November.
Lots of folk complaining about p2p. Torrents. newsgroups, and now even plain
html not working!
I was with them - got fed up and have just migrated.
Pity - they were good a while back :-(

From whats been said on their various forums, they've run out of
Bandwidth and have no intention of doing anything about it.....