OT : Cyprus broadband

Old December 6th 06, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

Default OT : Cyprus broadband

My retired parents live in Cyprus, and have just taken up Cyanet's
broadband (only a 256k package) with supplied router. The service is
called 'Netrunner'....

The router is a Speedtouch 585, but it is locked down so my Dad can't
make any changes to stuff like port forwarding et al. He is set up as a
"user" and has no administrative access at all.

I'd like to be able to remote into his PC from time to time to check his
anti-virus, spyware, updates and so on are all OK, and to general
troubleshoot when he is having issues.

Unfortunately, because the router is locked down, I can't even access it
remotely to re-configure it.

I have suggested we get an alternative router, one which we can
configure ourselves, but before I do, I need to know the settings of his
current one (which I can't get to or see!) so I can set up the
replacement. I do know his username/password, but that is it.

Can anyone help? Cytanet's web site has no info I can see.

TIA

Old December 7th 06, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John P

Tx2 wrote:
[...]

You might want to consider something like the free version of logmein
at www.logmein.com
Works for me behind all kinds of routers.

JP