Nildram billing

Old December 7th 06, 07:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hankjam

Default Nildram billing

Hello

I'm with Nildram and in the past paid on the 17th day of the month
until Dec when the DD came off on 01-Dec.

Couple of questions:

Anyone else get changed like this?
Should they have told me first?
I wrote to customer care, can I expect an answer?

thanks for your time.

Andrew j
B6
Old December 7th 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Ridgeway

Should they have told me first? My understanding of DDs is that they
are, in effect, a legal understanding. Nildram should give and you should
expect (?10 days) notice of an intended change. In practise Nildram is big,
provides a service on which you depend (and maybe essential) and is
difficult to change. Nildram know this and will probably get away with it.

I wrote to customer care, can I expect an answer? You can expect an
answer. Whether or not you get one is up to Nildram. If Nildram is
anything like other big concerns they treat customers with contempt. The
term 'service' exists in their mind only as a means of selling thier wares.
It's all about doing the least possible for as much money as possible.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

Old December 7th 06, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 7-Dec-2006, "Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

I wrote to customer care, can I expect an answer?

You used to be able to phone them and get straight through to
someone you could talk to, and who was fairly knowledgeable about
billing, or service problems and outages.
Try it now !!!! customer service has gone to pot.
Old December 7th 06, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Ridgeway

You used to be able to phone them and get straight through to someone you
could talk to, and who was fairly knowledgeable about billing, or service
problems and outages. Try it now !!!! customer service has gone to pot.

But it's not only Nildram!! BT, NTL, British Gas etc. etc. The call centre
mentality seems to be "if it's not on my screen it doesn't exist". Even if
you can tell them the fault they still insist on going through the question
and answer routine. If they don't understand the answers (because they can
only accept the answers on the screen) they just ignore you. I have an
issue with my ISP which I've raised three times and, because the call centre
jockey can't understand, they don't even call back. They wont always give a
name and, when they do, when you call back they deny all knowledge of the
existence of that person. The brick wall that surrounds the call centre is
designed to prevent any contact with anyone who may be able to understand
and resolve the issue.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned. There used to be a time when pleasing the
customer and customer service was important. Now it seems the dogma is "do
the absolute least for as much as you can get away with". The bottom line
and share-holders are king.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

Old December 7th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 7 Dec 2006, "Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

You used to be able to phone them and get straight through to someone you
could talk to, and who was fairly knowledgeable about billing, or service
problems and outages. Try it now !!!! customer service has gone to pot.
But it's not only Nildram!! BT, NTL, British Gas etc. etc. The call centre

Bill - if you just use single the items you quote would get highlighted
by many more newsreaders like the majority of other posts. You may think
makes a quoted piece stand out, but it won't be shown in a different
colour the way that "normal" quoting can be (depends on newsreader).

Perhaps I'm old fashioned.

Except in the way you are top-posting, which is often mentioned as causing
confusion, and can lead to posters being added to killfiles (ignore lists).
I've seen the following .sig posted several times... enjoy :-)

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Old December 8th 06, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Ridgeway

"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
[...]

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Thanks for your comments.

I can't see the difference between ... and ... but I'll try to
remember to do it. I adopted this only because that's what I've seen others
do and assumed it to be the done thing.

On the matter of top or bottom posting I can see arguments for and against
both.

FOR TOP POSTING
OE starts here when Replying
The latest message is at the top where it can be read without scrolling down

AGAINST TOP POSTING
A thread isn't continuous. But this follows exactly the same form as books
on a library shelf.

This top or posting question is aired from time to time. Again, I adopted
top posting because that's what I've seen others do and assumed it to be the
done thing. I still see a mixture of top and bottom posting so there is
obviously not a consensus on the 'accepted' way of doing things. The jury
is still out on that one.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway

Old December 8th 06, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 7-Dec-2006, "Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

This top or posting question is aired from time to time. Again, I adopted
top posting because that's what I've seen others do and assumed it to be the
done thing. I still see a mixture of top and bottom posting so there is
obviously not a consensus on the 'accepted' way of doing things. The jury
is still out on that one.

If the header is descriptive then you don't need to read the full
text, you can just answer the query.
Like for example
In what state is New York City USA? You can top post
the answer, no problem.
Old December 8th 06, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 23:29:06, Bill Ridgeway wrote:

I still see a mixture of top and bottom posting so there is obviously
not a consensus on the 'accepted' way of doing things.

There is for posting to uk.*, see the FAQ:

http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html

--
Jim Crowther.

West London MAG: Popes Grotto, Twickenham, every Tuesday from 21:00 onwards.
Old December 9th 06, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , Bill Ridgeway
wrote
"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
news:[email protected] e-pc-services.info...
[...]

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Thanks for your comments.

I can't see the difference between ... and ... but I'll try to
remember to do it. I adopted this only because that's what I've seen others
do and assumed it to be the done thing.

My newsreader doesn't see the closing as anything to do with quoting.

My newsreader sees at the start of a line as the first poster, as
the second, as the third etc. and applies a different colour to the
text as a result . Other newsreaders will behave differently

The are used to enclose a URL so that it remains intact when its
length covers many lines and/or has spaces.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com