Any genius out that can tell me why my Belkin

Old December 7th 06, 02:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Byker-1

Default Any genius out that can tell me why my Belkin

Hello

Any genius out that can tell me why my Belkin Mimo modem prevents me for
connecting to some web sites.
let me try and explain a little more. I have 2 Belkin Router Wireless
Modems. (They are Not both connected at same time)

Modem 1 is a Belkin Router /Wireless ADSL Modem model F5D-7632-4 connected
by cable and or wireless to a Belkin USB adapter Belkin model F5D 9050B
This combo works OK. Also it works well my HP Laptop with built in
wireless from another part of the house,
All items work ok, (Both Desktop and Laptop have problem free
Home-network-email-Internet access)

Modem 2 is a Belkin Router MIMO Wireless ADSL2 Modem model F5D-9630-4
connected by cable and-or wireless to a Belkin USB adapter Belkin model
F5D 9050B
If I swap over to this Modem using same USB wireless adapter or cable
connection no matter if its the Desktop or HP Laptop I can still access my
network bring in e-mails And search with GOOGLE on either item. it will
still bring up the search results .
but will only let me access SOME sites,
typical examples are Microsoft.com and Financial Ombudsman. are accessible
on Modem-1 but refused on Modem-2 I've re-set this Modem 20 times or more
but its no different, In cmd mode I've flushed dns.release *con* setclassid
etc etc. but no change.

after hours and hours of Messing
any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks Glenn

Old December 7th 06, 02:47 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Gareth R Halfacree

Byker-1 wrote:
If I swap over to this Modem using same USB wireless adapter or cable
connection no matter if its the Desktop or HP Laptop I can still access my
network bring in e-mails And search with GOOGLE on either item. it will
still bring up the search results .

Check your MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) settings on both the PC and
the router; that's the most common cause of this sort of error (assuming
all other configuration settings are identical, such as DNS server
addresses etc.).

--
Gareth Halfacree
http://gareth.halfacree.co.uk
Old December 7th 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , Gareth R Halfacree
says...
Byker-1 wrote:
If I swap over to this Modem using same USB wireless adapter or cable
connection no matter if its the Desktop or HP Laptop I can still access my
network bring in e-mails And search with GOOGLE on either item. it will
still bring up the search results .

Check your MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) settings on both the PC and
the router; that's the most common cause of this sort of error (assuming
all other configuration settings are identical, such as DNS server
addresses etc.).

Seconded. Start at 1450 and up to 1472

--
Conor

The surprise isn't how often we make bad choices; the surprise is how
seldom they defeat us.