A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

More Demon woes....



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 7th 06, 09:39 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom.broadband
Norm
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default More Demon woes....

In Charles Ellson said
http://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/782/'Strathy'_
wins_battle_to_emerge_intact_from_chaos.html


http://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/782/'Strathy'_
wins_battle_to_emerge_intact_from_chaos.html

This story deserves a lot more exposure and is essential reading for
anyone that might make the mistake of joining Demon.

--
Norm
  #2  
Old December 7th 06, 10:22 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 210
Default More Demon woes....

In message ], Norm
writes
In Charles Ellson said

http://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/782/'Strathy'_
wins_battle_to_emerge_intact_from_chaos.html

This story deserves a lot more exposure and is essential reading for
anyone that might make the mistake of joining Demon.


it can't be a very good newspaper if it takes them (more than two
weeks|7 days|9 days) before they get a journalist onto the story!

--
dave @ stejonda
  #3  
Old December 8th 06, 12:07 AM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 259
Default More Demon woes....

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 21:22:19, dave @ stejonda wrote:

In message ], Norm
writes
In Charles Ellson said

http://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/782/'Strathy'_
wins_battle_to_emerge_intact_from_chaos.html

This story deserves a lot more exposure and is essential reading for
anyone that might make the mistake of joining Demon.


it can't be a very good newspaper if it takes them (more than two
weeks|7 days|9 days) before they get a journalist onto the story!

Don't business accounts have a UK 'Account Manager'? Does the paper
actually have a clueful IT bod?

--
Jim Crowther.

West London MAG: Popes Grotto, Twickenham, every Tuesday from 21:00 onwards.
  #4  
Old December 8th 06, 12:30 AM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Wassell
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default More Demon woes....

Jim.

Unless its sales you can't get ANY ............. UK response..... and
most of those are immgrants....

From the days of their heyday ast the original and best 'tenner a

month' dial-up, demon have descended into the ****house of outsourcing
to asia !!!!.............

nuff said


Jim Crowther wrote:
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 21:22:19, dave @ stejonda wrote:

In message ], Norm
writes
In Charles Ellson said

http://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/782/'Strathy'_
wins_battle_to_emerge_intact_from_chaos.html

This story deserves a lot more exposure and is essential reading for
anyone that might make the mistake of joining Demon.


it can't be a very good newspaper if it takes them (more than two
weeks|7 days|9 days) before they get a journalist onto the story!

Don't business accounts have a UK 'Account Manager'? Does the paper
actually have a clueful IT bod?

--
Jim Crowther.

West London MAG: Popes Grotto, Twickenham, every Tuesday from 21:00 onwards.


  #5  
Old December 8th 06, 05:28 AM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom.broadband
Charles Ellson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default More Demon woes....

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 21:22:19 +0000, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

In message ], Norm
writes
In Charles Ellson said

http://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/782/'Strathy'_
wins_battle_to_emerge_intact_from_chaos.html

This story deserves a lot more exposure and is essential reading for
anyone that might make the mistake of joining Demon.


it can't be a very good newspaper if it takes them (more than two
weeks|7 days|9 days) before they get a journalist onto the story!

This is a weekly newspaper, 6th December is the edition date so it
would have been due at the printers possibly on Monday; one week
before that things might only have been at the "drama" stage. What
could be awkward for Demon is that this "local" newspaper has a
geographically-widespread distribution to ex-pats and is one of a
number of papers from which national dailies are in the habit of
lifting stories.
  #6  
Old December 8th 06, 11:57 AM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom.broadband
Pete Favelle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default More Demon woes....

Jim Crowther wrote:
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 21:22:19, dave @ stejonda wrote:

In message ], Norm
writes
In Charles Ellson said

http://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/782/'Strathy'_

wins_battle_to_emerge_intact_from_chaos.html

This story deserves a lot more exposure and is essential reading for
anyone that might make the mistake of joining Demon.


it can't be a very good newspaper if it takes them (more than two
weeks|7 days|9 days) before they get a journalist onto the story!

Don't business accounts have a UK 'Account Manager'? Does the paper
actually have a clueful IT bod?


I have yet to uncover any sort of special treatment for business
customers - there may be some secret business-grade alternative to the
Helpless Desk, but if there is they hide it damn well and refuse to tell
their business customers about it.
  #7  
Old December 8th 06, 09:22 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom.broadband
Norm
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default More Demon woes....

In Charles Ellson said
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 21:22:19 +0000, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

In message ], Norm
writes
In Charles Ellson said

http://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/782/'Strathy'_
wins_battle_to_emerge_intact_from_chaos.html

This story deserves a lot more exposure and is essential reading for
anyone that might make the mistake of joining Demon.


it can't be a very good newspaper if it takes them (more than two
weeks|7 days|9 days) before they get a journalist onto the story!

This is a weekly newspaper, 6th December is the edition date so it
would have been due at the printers possibly on Monday; one week
before that things might only have been at the "drama" stage. What
could be awkward for Demon is that this "local" newspaper has a
geographically-widespread distribution to ex-pats and is one of a
number of papers from which national dailies are in the habit of
lifting stories.


It might be awkward for Demon but what about it's customers. Let's hope
the daily papers do pick up on it and maybe the shareholders will then
realise the way the company's heading and ask for some changes. It's no
good Demon telling everyone that everything in the garden is rosy, when
in the real world they continue to give a crap service.

--
Norm
  #8  
Old December 8th 06, 09:45 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom.broadband
Jay L. T. Cornwall
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21
Default More Demon woes....

Norm wrote:

It might be awkward for Demon but what about it's customers. Let's hope
the daily papers do pick up on it and maybe the shareholders will then
realise the way the company's heading and ask for some changes. It's no
good Demon telling everyone that everything in the garden is rosy, when
in the real world they continue to give a crap service.


With the dubious (and surely anticompetitive) practices of delegating
MAC code assignment to the ISP and cease-and-reprovide, they can indeed
continue to operate in that way.

If switching providers was simple I'd have done so long ago. The reality
is that your at Demon's mercy not to screw up the entire process,
potentially leaving you without connectivity for weeks. They show little
enthusiasm for not screwing up paying customers' connections - what do
you think your chances as a leaving customer are like? :|

--
Jay L. T. Cornwall, http://www.esuna.co.uk/~jay/
PhD Student
Imperial College London
  #9  
Old December 10th 06, 10:41 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom.broadband
Marc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default More Demon woes....

Norm wrote:
This story deserves a lot more exposure and is essential reading for
anyone that might make the mistake of joining Demon.


Joining Demon is the best move I ever made (broadband wise). Using it
now, I never get any downtime, and I live out in the middle of nowhere!

I don't know much about your situation, but often problems can arise due
to faulty equipment, misconfiguration or line problems, it's not often
the ISP.

On the two or three occasions I have had to phone Demon's call centre
they've always been helpful. Do you write to newspapers every time you
get good service? Of course not, and people will ignore this story
because they know that bad stories like this always represent a
disproportionate number of users' experiences.

Good luck, but I doubt that AOL, Wannado, or any of the freebies now on
offer would have been any more helpful.

Marc


  #10  
Old December 11th 06, 07:18 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom.broadband
Jeremy Boden
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default More Demon woes....

Marc wrote:

Norm wrote:
This story deserves a lot more exposure and is essential reading for
anyone that might make the mistake of joining Demon.


Joining Demon is the best move I ever made (broadband wise). Using it
now, I never get any downtime, and I live out in the middle of nowhere!

I don't know much about your situation, but often problems can arise due
to faulty equipment, misconfiguration or line problems, it's not often
the ISP.

On the two or three occasions I have had to phone Demon's call centre
they've always been helpful. Do you write to newspapers every time you
get good service? Of course not, and people will ignore this story
because they know that bad stories like this always represent a
disproportionate number of users' experiences.

Good luck, but I doubt that AOL, Wannado, or any of the freebies now on
offer would have been any more helpful.

Marc


Sometimes the fault lies with BT (faulty equipment/software,
misconfiguration etc).
However, you will ALWAYS find that the script kiddies somewhere in
India are always without fail, far too timid/thick/stupid/cowardly etc
to progress your problem.

The Demon call centre is a joke - and totally useless.

Regards,
Jeremy

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
astersik VOIP server running from demon HomeOffice 2000 - do demon allow this kevin bailey uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 3 January 30th 06 07:44 AM
gah! VPN woes! ComPCs uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) 0 July 25th 05 11:58 PM
Wireless woes R D S uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) 2 March 20th 05 09:30 PM
Set-up Woes Paul uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 9 February 24th 05 06:26 PM
NTL woes. Bulla uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 10 October 1st 03 08:41 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.