plusnet slow speeds

Old December 9th 06, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default plusnet slow speeds

Last 3-4 days has been slow downloads on plusnet. Never had a problem
before but this has gone right down.
After being max'ed I was getting a steady 240KB/sec, now its back down to
around 60KB/sec. Plusnet speedtest has confirmed my slow speeds.
I have sent in a ticket. I have a friend also having the same problem,
anyone else here?
Nothing on status pages to show a problem.

Old December 9th 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
boo boo

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message
Last 3-4 days has been slow downloads on plusnet. Never had a problem
before but this has gone right down.
After being max'ed I was getting a steady 240KB/sec, now its back down to
around 60KB/sec. Plusnet speedtest has confirmed my slow speeds.
I have sent in a ticket. I have a friend also having the same problem,
anyone else here?
Nothing on status pages to show a problem.

Not surprised. I was only ever getting 1.5Mbps with MinusNet on their "ADSL
MAX" product before moving to Freedom2Surf. I now get 2.8Mbps which is the
maximum for my exchange/location.

Terry.

Old December 9th 06, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stan The Man

In article , Beck
[email protected] wrote:

Last 3-4 days has been slow downloads on plusnet. Never had a problem
before but this has gone right down.
After being max'ed I was getting a steady 240KB/sec, now its back down to
around 60KB/sec. Plusnet speedtest has confirmed my slow speeds.
I have sent in a ticket. I have a friend also having the same problem,
anyone else here?
Nothing on status pages to show a problem.

There's a rumour that they've been losing so many customers that they
de-activated one or more pipes. They're denying any shortage of
bandwidth however and blame their own mismanagement of their notorious
Ellacoya data analysis/throttling equipment - plus a handful of users
who have allegedly been abusing the system.

According to PN, things were due to start getting better by today. But
a lot of customers posting in their forums can only see things getting
worse unless PlusNet buy more bandwidth - which they are refusing to do
until customer numbers increase (fat chance) or wholesale prices come
down in the spring.

The data-busy Christmas holiday is looming and PlusNet's network looks
to be disintegrating already.

Stan
Old December 9th 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

[...]

Yet another another malicious rumour started by Stan hinself!

Peter Crosland

Old December 9th 06, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Peter Crosland wrote:

[...]

No doubt you're entirely unaffected by this as ever Peter.

Graham

Old December 9th 06, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sla#s

Peter Crosland wrote:
SNIP
The data-busy Christmas holiday is looming and PlusNet's network
looks to be disintegrating already.

Yet another another malicious rumour started by Stan hinself!

You obviously haven't been reading "plusnet.service.customer-feedback"
The whole service has been colapsing bit by bit. First p2p went, then
external news, then FPT and now it seems http is going!

Slatts
(who's got his MAC and is off next week :-)

Old December 9th 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stan The Man

In article , Peter
Crosland wrote:

[...]

Tsk, tsk... Here's the source - if you can get into the Usergroup forum:

http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/inde...674.html#msg48
674

Stan
Old December 9th 06, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Stan The Man wrote:
In article ,
Peter Crosland wrote:

[...]

Nothing in the thread to substantiate the rumour at all. Just ex customers
like you with an obsessive hatred of Plusnet.

Peter Crosland

Old December 10th 06, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dickie Dido

Do what I did and get over to another ISP.I went to Virgin and noticed
immediately better speeds.Plusnet has gone from been one of the best ISP to
the worst in a little over 18 months.God knows what things will be like when
BT start meddling following their takeover.Next up will be call centres in
Calcutta or Delhi no doubt!!

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message

Old December 10th 06, 01:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stan The Man

In article , Peter
Crosland wrote:

Stan The Man wrote:
In article ,
Peter Crosland wrote:

[...]

Ah, some interesting facts there no doubt - but the point I was making
was that you were wrong. Take it like a man. The obsession may be
yours.

Stan