NAMESCO

Old December 9th 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

Default NAMESCO

I'm migrating to Namesco from PlusNet........

What are people opinions of Namesco (not in comparision to PlusNet, I kind
of know the answer to that without knowing anything of Namesco)?

Old December 9th 06, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jpd

Namesco used to be NDO
"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I'm migrating to Namesco from PlusNet........

What are people opinions of Namesco (not in comparision to PlusNet, I kind
of know the answer to that without knowing anything of Namesco)?

Namesco used to be NDO

Read here and make your own mind up...
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=ndo
or http://tinyurl.com/y8o8xf

Old December 10th 06, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 9 Dec 2006, "Dave Boomhauer" wrote:

What are people opinions of Namesco ...

Two friends are using them, on the {60 pounds for the first year} deal (and
they were giving away the Zyxel 1-port router, but that meant paying 4.99
to get it delivered :-) They are light users, the accounts they're on
gives only 2 GB a month of traffic (heck, that's a day or two here!) and
they're on the 500 kbps service. No problems reported (and, believe me,
if there was a problem, neither would hesitate at telling me so, since I
had recommended they take up the deal, a bargain, IMO. So, anything in
particular you want to know about them?

--
www.netdimes.org - mapping the internet.
Join team UK-24x7 and we'll beat Australia :-)

Old December 10th 06, 06:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
On 9 Dec 2006, "Dave Boomhauer" wrote:

What are people opinions of Namesco ...

Two friends are using them, on the {60 pounds for the first year} deal
(and
they were giving away the Zyxel 1-port router, but that meant paying 4.99
to get it delivered :-) They are light users, the accounts they're on
gives only 2 GB a month of traffic (heck, that's a day or two here!) and
they're on the 500 kbps service. No problems reported (and, believe me,
if there was a problem, neither would hesitate at telling me so, since I
had recommended they take up the deal, a bargain, IMO. So, anything in
particular you want to know about them?

--

Nothing specific, just curious about what I can expect from them........

Old December 10th 06, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Anderton

In message , Dave
Boomhauer writes
I'm migrating to Namesco from PlusNet........

What are people opinions of Namesco (not in comparision to PlusNet, I kind
of know the answer to that without knowing anything of Namesco)?

I have no problem with the technical quality of their services. However
they do occasionally forget that they are being paid to provide a
service. I have a number of my clients who use them without problem but
they do put a blanket block on mail from one particular ISP (for good
reason) but they refuse to provide a whitelist system to get past this.
Now, my clients cannot dictate to their clients what ISP to use and this
leads to loss of business. After failing with technical support,
communication with their CEO was just stonewalled. To my mind that is
not acceptable business practice. Otherwise on a technical and billing
level they are fine.
--
Richard Anderton
Old December 10th 06, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 10 Dec 2006, Richard Anderton wrote:

Now, my clients cannot dictate to their clients what ISP to use and this
leads to loss of business.

in which case, surely your clients should be using independent hosting so
that mail from any domain can be delivered, and your clients can then d/l
that mail off the hosting service. All too many 'business' users seem to
have mail addresses tied to an ISP, which will always at some time give a
problem for the business user... and can be easily avoided ! I see your
mail address showing demon.co.uk, so presumably when Demon again has some
major mail problems, you will also be affected (?)

I remember how, a few years back, when a client of mine had their mail
delivered via Demon, not direct to their MS Exchange mail server, that it
was taking well over 24 hours for incoming mail to reach them. They used
a hosting firm {Netlink} and used Demon for their connection, and it was
initially quite difficult to determine which end was giving the problem,
but soon became apparent that it was not at Netlink, because the incoming
mail servers at Demon were incapable of accepting mail in a timely manner
and the HELO commands were simply timing out... They are getting their
mail direct now, and have two different ISP connections as mail is so
much more heavily used these days than back then).
Old December 10th 06, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

:
: Now, my clients cannot dictate to their clients what ISP to use and this
: leads to loss of business.
:
: in which case, surely your clients should be using independent hosting so
: that mail from any domain can be delivered, and your clients can then d/l
: that mail off the hosting service. All too many 'business' users seem to
: have mail addresses tied to an ISP, which will always at some time give a
: problem for the business user... and can be easily avoided ! I see your
: mail address showing demon.co.uk, so presumably when Demon again has some
: major mail problems, you will also be affected (?)
snip

I have to say you are spot on with this anyone that still using an ISP for
mail is asking for trouble.It's so easy now days to have a domain name and
use a relievable hosting company for mail,or even one's own mail server.

Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old December 11th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin D. Pay

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 00:03:50 +0000, NoNeedToKnow
mangled uncounted electrons thus:

On 9 Dec 2006, "Dave Boomhauer" wrote:

What are people opinions of Namesco ...

Two friends are using them, on the {60 pounds for the first year} deal (and
they were giving away the Zyxel 1-port router, but that meant paying 4.99
to get it delivered :-) They are light users, the accounts they're on
gives only 2 GB a month of traffic (heck, that's a day or two here!) and
they're on the 500 kbps service. No problems reported (and, believe me,
if there was a problem, neither would hesitate at telling me so, since I
had recommended they take up the deal, a bargain, IMO. So, anything in
particular you want to know about them?

I would endorse this view - I put my mother on this deal, as
she's a light user only (a little e-mail, a little browsing and
some serious business with Amazon ^_^ ) and they've been
entirely satisfactory.

Martin D. Pay
Ma has had no problems at all in the 4 months or so that she's
been using Namesco...