mexican virtual number

Old December 10th 06, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sanchez

Default mexican virtual number

Do you know if exist any provider who give a mexican virtual number?
Preferably with a prepaid system, as voipcheap for exe.
So i can call mexican mobiles without long-distance charges for them....

thank you.
Old December 10th 06, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 11:48:19 +0100, Sanchez
wrote:

Do you know if exist any provider who give a mexican virtual number?
Preferably with a prepaid system, as voipcheap for exe.
"So i can call "mexican mobiles without long-distance charges for them....

I am a bit confused here. "So i can call" would be charged to you,
"without long-distance charges for them" is charged to others.
I'm going to assume that you are looking to benefit callers to you.
Firstly, if you have a SIP number, with a non-betamax company, it is
possible to call that via a SIP broker PSTN access number
Mexico City +52-55-5985-2341
When the call to that number is answered your number is dialled but
with the approriate VSP access number preceding, you can find that
he
http://tinyurl.com/cuc3s
Sorry, I can't help you with a Mexican virtual number but the above is
an alternative.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old December 10th 06, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sanchez

I am a bit confused here. "So i can call" would be charged to you,
"without long-distance charges for them" is charged to others.

Mexican mobiles are charged for long-distance (from italy, for exe)
incoming calls.

So I need that my CALLER ID - when i call from a pc2phone provider from
italy - is a mexican number to avoid mexican mobile to be charged for
receive long-distance incoming call.

I'm going to assume that you are looking to benefit callers to you.
Firstly, if you have a SIP number, with a non-betamax company, it is
possible to call that via a SIP broker PSTN access number
Mexico City +52-55-5985-2341

can you explain to me more simply?

what i have to do?

thank you.
Old December 11th 06, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:52:59 +0100, Sanchez
wrote:

I am a bit confused here. "So i can call" would be charged to you,
"without long-distance charges for them" is charged to others.

Mexican mobiles are charged for long-distance (from italy, for exe)
incoming calls.

Ah, I see what you are looking for now. We don't get charged for
incoming calls to mobiles in the UK - the caller pays a greater price
to call mobiles. I do 'MSN' with someone in Mexico and it seems that
the telcos have got things all sen up to their own advantage there -
not likely to see much choice/competition in VSPs (Voip Service
Providers).

So I need that my CALLER ID - when i call from a pc2phone provider from
italy - is a mexican number to avoid mexican mobile to be charged for
receive long-distance incoming call.

I'm going to assume that you are looking to benefit callers to you.
Firstly, if you have a SIP number, with a non-betamax company, it is
possible to call that via a SIP broker PSTN access number
Mexico City +52-55-5985-2341

can you explain to me more simply?

what i have to do?

Yes. I many countries (not including Italy) there is at least one
sipbroker PSTN (ordinary telephone) number. You can find a list of all
these numbers on www.sipbroker.com
You call into one of these numbers that is local to you. So, if
someone was in Mexico, for example, they would call 055-5985-2341
When the call is answered a voice will say something like 'Welcome to
the Sipbroker PSTN access number, please enter your number followed by
the # key' (the North Americans call this symbol a 'pound' key - we
call it 'hash' - except for BT, alone, who call it 'square').
The number you enter is your VOIP number but preceded by the sipbroker
VSP code. So, for example, if your VSP was voipfone.co.uk you would
precede the voip number by *353. Thus if the voip number I wanted was
3456780, on voipfone, I would dial *353 3456780 #
All the VSP codes are on the sipbroker web site. The # key is not
always necessary - just follow the instructions when calling the
sipbroker PSTN access number concerned.

I hope that this is simple enough and you find it of use.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old December 11th 06, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

[...]

Further to my last post...
Try here for mexican number...
http://tinyurl.com/ejtmf

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Old December 11th 06, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Sanchez" wrote in message
Do you know if exist any provider who give a mexican virtual number?
Preferably with a prepaid system, as voipcheap for exe.
So i can call mexican mobiles without long-distance charges for them....

thank you.

www.vonage.co.uk could be what you're after? They offer virtual numbers in
Mexico City for inbound calls. Their rates for outgoing calls to Mexico are
not so good though - 25ppm. For outgoing calls www.voipcheap.com is cheaper
for landlines (3.5 eur ct/min) and mobiles (7 eur ct/min) and probably many
others as well.

Old December 12th 06, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:36:04 GMT, "Herman"
wrote:

"Sanchez" wrote in message
Do you know if exist any provider who give a mexican virtual number?
Preferably with a prepaid system, as voipcheap for exe.
So i can call mexican mobiles without long-distance charges for them....

thank you.

www.vonage.co.uk could be what you're after? They offer virtual numbers in
Mexico City for inbound calls. Their rates for outgoing calls to Mexico are
not so good though - 25ppm. For outgoing calls www.voipcheap.com is cheaper
for landlines (3.5 eur ct/min) and mobiles (7 eur ct/min) and probably many
others as well.

Unless I am mistaken I think that the OP is looking for a service that
will present a Mexican number when calling out from Italy.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.