Got my MAC :) But...

Old December 11th 06, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jpd

Default Got my MAC :) But...

I phoned up BT Broadband this morning and got my MAC dispite them offering
them to reduce my monthly rental.

They also said I'd still have to pay the remainder of my contract

This sucks as Im NOT going to be using this ****e service any more.

Is there a way round this?

--
Revenge is a dish best served cold
Ancient Klingon Proverb

Old December 11th 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"jpd" wrote in message
I phoned up BT Broadband this morning and got my MAC dispite them offering
them to reduce my monthly rental.

They also said I'd still have to pay the remainder of my contract

This sucks as Im NOT going to be using this ****e service any more.

Is there a way round this?

--
Revenge is a dish best served cold
Ancient Klingon Proverb

If you are still in the contract period, then no.

Old December 11th 06, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"jpd" wrote in message
I phoned up BT Broadband this morning and got my MAC dispite them offering
them to reduce my monthly rental.

They also said I'd still have to pay the remainder of my contract

This sucks as Im NOT going to be using this ****e service any more.

Is there a way round this?

Contract is a contract and you would have to pay the remainder, that is the
same for all isps who have a contract. If you have little or no service you
might be able to have them on breach of contract but I would say that is
probably very difficult. Contact OFCOM for advice?

Old December 11th 06, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I phoned up BT Broadband this morning and got my MAC dispite them
offering them to reduce my monthly rental.

They also said I'd still have to pay the remainder of my contract

This sucks as Im NOT going to be using this ****e service any more.

Is there a way round this?

You agreed to a contract and are bound by it unless you can prove that BT
broke it then you have to pay.

Peter Crosland

Old December 11th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jpd

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
I phoned up BT Broadband this morning and got my MAC dispite them
offering them to reduce my monthly rental.

They also said I'd still have to pay the remainder of my contract

This sucks as Im NOT going to be using this ****e service any more.

Is there a way round this?

You agreed to a contract and are bound by it unless you can prove that BT
broke it then you have to pay.

Peter Crosland

Bugger!

I am Unhappy that I have to pay BT BB still even though I won't be using it.

I think the best thing to do is change the package down to "option 1" and
pay them a rip off amount of 17.99 a month.

Old December 11th 06, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"jpd" wrote in message

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
I phoned up BT Broadband this morning and got my MAC dispite them
offering them to reduce my monthly rental.

They also said I'd still have to pay the remainder of my contract

This sucks as Im NOT going to be using this ****e service any more.

Is there a way round this?

You agreed to a contract and are bound by it unless you can prove that BT
broke it then you have to pay.

Peter Crosland

Bugger!

I am Unhappy that I have to pay BT BB still even though I won't be using
it.

I think the best thing to do is change the package down to "option 1" and
pay them a rip off amount of 17.99 a month.

How many months have you got left?

Old December 11th 06, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jpd

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message

"jpd" wrote in message

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
I phoned up BT Broadband this morning and got my MAC dispite them
offering them to reduce my monthly rental.

They also said I'd still have to pay the remainder of my contract

This sucks as Im NOT going to be using this ****e service any more.

Is there a way round this?

You agreed to a contract and are bound by it unless you can prove that
BT broke it then you have to pay.

Peter Crosland

Bugger!

I am Unhappy that I have to pay BT BB still even though I won't be using
it.

I think the best thing to do is change the package down to "option 1" and
pay them a rip off amount of 17.99 a month.

How many months have you got left?

I signed up in august to a 18 month contract Im going to ofcom and see
what I can do

Old December 11th 06, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"jpd" wrote in message

How many months have you got left?

I signed up in august to a 18 month contract Im going to ofcom and see
what I can do

Hmm thats a bummer. What is the problem you are having? Maybe it is
something that can be resolved.

Old December 11th 06, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jpd

"jpd" wrote in message

How many months have you got left?

I signed up in august to a 18 month contract Im going to ofcom and see
what I can do

Hmm thats a bummer. What is the problem you are having? Maybe it is
something that can be resolved.

It was the billing... I don't see why you can't pay by Debit/credit card
instead of on the main bill..

Old December 11th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:53:30 UTC, "jpd"
wrote:

I signed up in august to a 18 month contract Im going to ofcom and see
what I can do

Hmm thats a bummer. What is the problem you are having? Maybe it is
something that can be resolved.

It was the billing... I don't see why you can't pay by Debit/credit card
instead of on the main bill..

Are you saying that you signed up to an 18 month contract, without
knowing how it was billed?

http://www.voipinside.net