blueyonder/telewest answer the customers worries throttling

Old December 12th 06, 09:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Gonz

Default blueyonder/telewest answer the customers worries throttling

(CUSTOMER)

I asked for an answer in plain English not in Corporatespeak.
I tell you what...lets make it a multiple choice question....so...does
this
affect anyone who d/loads a large file or will it only affect the people
who
d/load large amounts on a regular basis.

ANSWERS
A) Yes it will only affect the regular d/loaders

B) No it won't...it'll catch everyone

C) We really don't want to say as it'll make a complete nonsense of the
reasons we've given for implementing it.

(FERGAL BUTLER - TELEWEST)

A) Yes it will only affect the regular d/loaders

No. It will temporarily affect connections displaying very abnormal
high traffic patterns in a sustained manner during peak periods.

B) No it won't...it'll catch everyone

No. It will temporarily affect connections displaying very abnormal
high traffic patterns in a sustained manner during peak periods.

C) We really don't want to say as it'll make a complete nonsense of the
reasons we've given for implementing it.

No. It will temporarily affect connections displaying very abnormal
high traffic patterns in a sustained manner during peak periods.

(CUSTOMER)

What is "very abnormal high traffic patterns" defines as?

(FERGAL BUTLER - TELEWEST)

Sustained high volume traffic patterns which are significantly
statistically distinct.

(CUSTOMER)

Can you define what is a "normal high traffic pattern" for comparison?

(FERGAL BUTLER - TELEWEST)

Su a pattern which is not significantly statistically distinctly
different.

(CUSTOMER)

Getting a straight answer is impossible.