Leaving TalkTalk broadband

Old December 12th 06, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
t8769

Default Leaving TalkTalk broadband

Could anyone let me know how to get out of a TalkTalk broadand
contract. The service is just incredibly slow.

I've heard this can be got out of, without paying a fine, as they did
not do what promissed in contract.

Any info on how to do this?

Thanks

Old December 12th 06, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maneate

t8769 wrote:
Could anyone let me know how to get out of a TalkTalk broadand
contract. The service is just incredibly slow.

I've heard this can be got out of, without paying a fine, as they did
not do what promissed in contract.

Any info on how to do this?

Thanks

You say the service is slow. How slow? Do the T&C's you signed up to
specify a minimum bandwidth / speed?

If they do, and the service is not up to those specs, write to them -
recorded delivery - stating that you consider them to be in breach of
contract and give them 28 days notice to bring the service up to the
specs detailed in the T&Cs or you reserve the right to take further
action. Demand a written response to your complaint. This could be sue
for breach of contract, or terminate the contract, I would not specify
whet you plan to do at this stage.

However, I suspect the T&Cs do not have a minimum speed or badwidth
quoted, in which case they will probably argue you are getting a service
therefore there is no breach of contract. If this is the case, you
could use any advertising they gave you to try and support your claim,
possibly under the 'not fit for purpose' umbrella.

To be honest, I suspect you will be charged a penalty, although if you
pay it or not is another matter.