Sipgate vs VOIP.CO.UK - the results

Old December 12th 06, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

Default Sipgate vs VOIP.CO.UK - the results

Im hoping this doesnt turn in to a Dex vs Ivor thread but after last weeks
thread I thought Id report on the following -

Yesterday and today my incoming Sipgate no has been plagued by the worst
drop outs ever to the point where I've had to put down the phone several
times. Ive then called the caller back using my voip.co.uk outgoing number
and had a crystal clear connection every time. Same phone, same ATA, same
cable connection. The conclusion I have to reach from this is that it cant
be settings as all the equipment my end is the same - it has to be ther
server end.

I've been a staunch supporter of Sipgate for a couple of years and
recommended them to quite a few people but enough's enough. I hope they sort
out their issues but this is once too often for me. I'm sure voip.co.uk
arent spotless but at the moment their performance far outweighs Sipgates.

Old December 12th 06, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bypass

Roger wrote:
[...]

And you just need to wait for their 'new platform' to be rolled out
(early next year) to get even better services, including voicemail
improvements and fax.

Nope, I don't work for them - just one happy voip.co.uk customer passing
on the good news they have given me.
Old December 12th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Roger:
[...]

Is this drop-out problem only happing on incoming calls or outgoing too?

Old December 12th 06, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Bypass wrote:

And you just need to wait for their 'new platform' to be rolled out
(early next year) to get even better services, including voicemail
improvements and fax.

Next year? Damn, I was hoping they had it ready by christmas.. Oh well.

Another happy voip.co.uk customer, btw.
Old December 12th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Scope:
Bypass wrote:

And you just need to wait for their 'new platform' to be rolled out
(early next year) to get even better services, including voicemail
improvements and fax.

Next year? Damn, I was hoping they had it ready by christmas.. Oh
well.
Another happy voip.co.uk customer, btw.

Is it possible to switch voicemail off with voip.co.uk ? One thing that
annoys me with some VoIP providers is the forced use of voicemail and
not being able to turn it off.

Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg

Old December 12th 06, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Scope:
Bypass wrote:

And you just need to wait for their 'new platform' to be rolled out
(early next year) to get even better services, including voicemail
improvements and fax.

Next year? Damn, I was hoping they had it ready by christmas.. Oh
well.
Another happy voip.co.uk customer, btw.

Is it possible to switch voicemail off with voip.co.uk ? One thing that
annoys me with some VoIP providers is the forced use of voicemail and
not being able to turn it off.

Yes sure.. Im not using their voice mail at the moment..

More info can be found he

http://www.voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi.config
Old December 13th 06, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Roger" wrote in message

Im hoping this doesnt turn in to a Dex vs Ivor thread

Well it wouldn't have been if you hadn't said that..!

I refuse to accept any responsibility for what Mr. Ronald Chew will now
spew forth.

Ivor

Old December 13th 06, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:01:20 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Roger" wrote in message

Im hoping this doesnt turn in to a Dex vs Ivor thread

Well it wouldn't have been if you hadn't said that..!

I refuse to accept any responsibility for what Mr. Ronald Chew will now
spew forth.

Ivor

I think that voip.co.uk offer a reliable service. Their voicemail is
crap but then I don't use it.
Where they have fallen down, for me, is on the web site software. Back
in March/April time the charging went wrong. I have made various pleas
for my account balance to be corrected but there has been no
improvement. I wasn't prepared to credit my account, for another year,
until it was - I am still waiting. Hence, I am now using Vyke and,
I think, I will do so for at least the next 6 months. I may go back to
voip.co.uk if they sort out my account. The admin always replies to
emails but, I am sorry to say, that the technical side is lacking. The
admin says that the tech side will do something but they don't in my
experience. It must have been at the beginning of the year when I was
told the voicemail was going to be improved - it hasn't altered a jot.
I still think that voip.co.uk are good but they do need to get their
act together and not make false promises to customers.
In my experience it is better to say no to a customer than make a
false promise. It is also a good idea to add time to when an outcome
can be expected - if can you deliver before the date then the customer
is especially pleased.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old December 13th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Brian A presented the following explanation :
wrote:

"Roger" wrote in message

[...]

I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

I had an issue with the 1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
rate.

Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
errors.

Old December 13th 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:56:53 GMT, Jono
wrote:

I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

I'm not.

I had an issue with the 1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
rate.

My annual package ran out, and despite several requests and a few
promises to fix it, they have been unable to renew it.

Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
errors

I think their service is fine, and their technical support is great,
but unless they can renew my annual package, I've little choice but to
look for another voip supplier.