Livebox

Old December 12th 06, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Ridgeway

Default Livebox

I have at last (7 months) received a Livebox from Orange. According to
Orange this would solve the continual dropping out I have had since May
when they so-called improved the service by increasing the access speed.
However, one of the instructions is to 'plug in the Ethernet cable'. Orange
(who should have known) didn't see fit to ask if I had anywhere to plug it
in and I certainly didn't ask about something I didn't even know I needed.
The farce continues.

The Live box does, intriguingly have a USB socket next to the Ethernet
socket suggesting that it may be used as a USB device. Is this possible
and, if so, how?

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway

Old December 13th 06, 12:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Musicrab

... However, one of the instructions is to 'plug in the Ethernet cable'.
Orange (who should have known) didn't see fit to ask if I had anywhere to
plug it in and I certainly didn't ask about something I didn't even know I
needed. The farce continues.

The Live box does, intriguingly have a USB socket next to the Ethernet
socket suggesting that it may be used as a USB device. Is this
possible...

No - the USB port is not used in the UK. You'll need to get an ethernet or
wireless adapter.
e,g,
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/107691
--