Pipex broadband

Old December 13th 06, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Pipex broadband

I have had Pipex Max for two months.During that time I have a lot of
problems getting connected.When I click the Pipex icon and dial it will
come up and say connected at anything between 4.1 and 8.1 Mbs.However
when I try to bring up a bookmarked page nothing happens and eventually
I get the unavailable message.If I close the connection and try to
reconnect it fails and I get error messages 721 and 718 saying "remote
computer failed to respond" or "did not respond in time"
Pipex have been chasing BT on this for several weeks(I`ve stopped the
direct debit until it`s fixed) but we`re getting nowhere.It is always
in the evening,it`s 99% good during the day.I can go whole evenings
unable to connect.
Apart from dumping Pipex anybody got any suggestions?
Mark.

Old December 13th 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

wrote:

I`ve stopped the direct debit until it`s fixed

That's almost certainly likely to backfire on you.

Graham

Old December 13th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rbstr

Eeyore wrote in
:

wrote:

I`ve stopped the direct debit until it`s fixed

That's almost certainly likely to backfire on you.

Why?
Old December 13th 06, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I`ve stopped the direct debit until it`s fixed

That's almost certainly likely to backfire on you.

Why?

Probably because stopping a direct debit cancels it completely AFAIK. It has
to be set up again from scatch if you wish to start it again.Also the OP has
a contract with the ISP to pay by DD.

Peter Crosland

Old December 13th 06, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Peter Crosland wrote:
I`ve stopped the direct debit until it`s fixed

That's almost certainly likely to backfire on you.

Why?

Probably because stopping a direct debit cancels it completely AFAIK. It has
to be set up again from scatch if you wish to start it again.Also the OP has
a contract with the ISP to pay by DD.

Peter Crosland

So far a lot of negativity and no helpful answers.As regards the DD,the
contract is that Pipex supplies a service to me and I pay Pipex for
that.As so far the service has not been delivered as contracted for I
have no obligation to pay them.They have accepted that although at
first they wanted me to keep paying and they would compensate me
later.There was obviously a bit more to the conversation but that was
the basic outcome.
To be more positive has anyone any ideas about the actual problem?
Mark.

Old December 13th 06, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

[...]

Sorry if you don't like what has been said but it happens to be true. The
fact that Pipex may have breached the contract does not automatically allow
you to breach your side of it.For the avoidance of doubt I am not saying
that is the case but in order to be certain one would need to see the
contract in detail to be sure. In any case breaching your side of the
contract certainly weakens your position rather than strengthened it.

Peter Crosland

Old December 18th 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

Peter Crosland wrote:

Sorry if you don't like what has been said but it happens to be true. The
fact that Pipex may have breached the contract does not automatically allow
you to breach your side of it.For the avoidance of doubt I am not saying
that is the case but in order to be certain one would need to see the
contract in detail to be sure. In any case breaching your side of the
contract certainly weakens your position rather than strengthened it.

That may or may not be the case in law, but in my experience possession
is 9 10th.

Once the DD has gone through it's almost impossible to get it back from
a large company.