Linksys Dial plan for UK

Old December 13th 06, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
speckled hen

Default Linksys Dial plan for UK

Hi
Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
need to get my head around a dial plan.

Thanks

Old December 13th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

speckled hen wrote:
Hi
Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
need to get my head around a dial plan.

Thanks

Try this one.. Replace 1793 with your local areacode

(*xx|0:0044[1-8]xx.|:00441793[2-8]xxxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

Tried and tested.
Old December 13th 06, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
speckled hen

Scope wrote:

speckled hen wrote:
Hi
Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
need to get my head around a dial plan.

Thanks

Try this one.. Replace 1793 with your local areacode

(*xx|0:0044[1-8]xx.|:00441793[2-8]xxxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

Tried and tested.

Great, all works just set up BT Broadband talk, that will keep her off
my back.

Thanks

Old December 13th 06, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:29:23 GMT, Scope wrote:

speckled hen wrote:
Hi
Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
need to get my head around a dial plan.

Thanks

Try this one.. Replace 1793 with your local areacode

(*xx|0:0044[1-8]xx.|:00441793[2-8]xxxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

Tried and tested.

You can check out some notes I have made on
www.leafcom.co.uk
From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
devised.
Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old December 13th 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"Brian A" wrote in message

You can check out some notes I have made on
www.leafcom.co.uk
From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
devised.
Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.

When I saw your link above I remembered trying it many months ago, so I
thought I'd try again.

Unfortunately it still doesn't work properly for me, it just goes into a
seemingly endless redirect loop ("YGV redirect" if it means anything to
you).

Rob

Old December 13th 06, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Rob" wrote in message

"Brian A" wrote in message

You can check out some notes I have made on
www.leafcom.co.uk
From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
devised.
Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.

When I saw your link above I remembered trying it many months ago, so I
thought I'd try again.

Unfortunately it still doesn't work properly for me, it just goes into a
seemingly endless redirect loop ("YGV redirect" if it means anything to
you).

Rob

Yes, same here and also remember trying the link previously.
Having a few spare minutes to play around I tried the link on a machine
that has no security measures installed. (intentionally)
Straight in! Um, so the security software I have running on the main machine
IS working for me and possibly blocking some "nasty" from doing its work.

Old December 14th 06, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:24:02 GMT, "Nick"
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message

"Brian A" wrote in message

You can check out some notes I have made on
www.leafcom.co.uk
From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
[...]

Sorry about that but it works fine for me.
The new site will be on its own space so there won't be any problems -
be a while yet though. :-(
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.