voip.co.uk config for Asterisk

Old December 13th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ale.cx

Default voip.co.uk config for Asterisk

Seems like a bit of a stupid question when they've got one on their own
website, but I'm having a hell of a time getting 1.2.12 working with a
new voip.co.uk account. I have copied and pasted the example config
[with some minor tweaks], supplying the username and password from the
"Your SIP Accounts" page of the voip.co.uk portal.
Asterisk thinks it's registered, as evidenced by 'sip show registry'.
Voip.co.uk thinks I'm registered according to the same Accounts page -
has my WAN IP address in it, Status says "Online" and the Expires time
is always an hour after I last did a 'sip reload'. I can call my
voip.co.uk line from my Sipgate line [complete with the somewhat
spurious caller ID of 02071062924] just fine. However, whenever I try
to make calls out on my voip.co.uk line, I get this:

Dec 13 21:44:22 WARNING[10274]: chan_sip.c:9761 handle_response_invite:
Forbidden - wrong password on authentication for INVITE to '"Cordless"
;tag=as466a11d8'

This is my Dial() string in extensions.conf:

[outgoing_voipcouk]

include = default

exten = _9.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@voipcouk,60,tr)
exten = _9.,2,Playback(pls-try-again)
exten = _9.,3,Hangup

My voip.co.uk section in sip.conf:

register = /593xxx

[voipcouk]
type = peer
context = incoming_voipcouk
host = proxy.voip.co.uk
username = 593xxx
fromuser = 593xxx
fromdomain = proxy.voip.co.uk
password = hidden ; same password as above
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = alaw
allow = gsm
insecure=yes

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Old December 18th 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ale.cx

I take it no-one else uses Asterisk with voip.co.uk then. I'll log a
fault with them.

Old December 18th 06, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

ale.cx wrote:
I take it no-one else uses Asterisk with voip.co.uk then. I'll log a
fault with them.

I do, not had any problems with it lately. (except their registration
server has been a bit flaky).

If you have more than one sip account with them (and consequently more
than one register - line, you need :

registerattempts=0
registertimeout= (10 x the numbe of register lines).

In the registration line, the number at the end can be any destination
in your extensions script (even letters). Which sipgate can't do. Which
is nice.

For some reason, fromuser is commented out in my sip.conf (can't
remember why), I have authuser=593xxx and my insecure=port (I think that
could be because I'm running 1.4.0 and yes, and very are deprecated iirc).

Other than that, it looks the same to me.

Have you tried a separate entry in your dialplan to try using it without
using the sip.conf entry as a reference (This is simple to do with IAX2,
don't know if it can be done with SIP)?
Old December 18th 06, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ale.cx

Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Have you tried a separate entry in your dialplan to try using it without
using the sip.conf entry as a reference (This is simple to do with IAX2,
don't know if it can be done with SIP)?

Gave that a shot, but I couldn't quite work out the right syntax for
including a username, password and dialled number in a Dial(SIP/
command. And then...I looked 20 lines down at my [sipgate] section in
sip.conf and noticed it had secret= rather than password=. Changed the
[voipcouk] one to secret= and it works fine. FFS. I wasted hours of my
life on this! That'll teach me to go reading
http://voip.co.uk/tech_centre.html and actually believing it.

alexd

Old December 19th 06, 01:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

ale.cx wrote:
Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Have you tried a separate entry in your dialplan to try using it without
using the sip.conf entry as a reference (This is simple to do with IAX2,
don't know if it can be done with SIP)?

Gave that a shot, but I couldn't quite work out the right syntax for
including a username, password and dialled number in a Dial(SIP/
command. And then...I looked 20 lines down at my [sipgate] section in
sip.conf and noticed it had secret= rather than password=. Changed the
[voipcouk] one to secret= and it works fine. FFS. I wasted hours of my
life on this! That'll teach me to go reading
http://voip.co.uk/tech_centre.html and actually believing it.

Oh bugger, I spotted that when I first went on the page (and emailed
tech support about it, stating that it should be changed) about 9 months
ago and completely forgot about it.